Reducing stress hormones, or also known as our cortisol levels, is what people would want to do as this natural response which will result in a burst of new energy and strength. Have you ever had the feeling that the more you stress yourself out, the less productive you become? This is the reason why; hence, when you reduce cortisol levels, your body and mind will be brimming with energy once more.
Ways in Reducing Stress Hormone Level
Reducing stress hormones in the body’s system is really important in preventing some health issues. Reducing it is not as difficult as one might think. These are some tips on how to manage stress.
Listening to soothing and mellow music can help in brightening up the mood and reducing the stress level. It helps in calming the mind and body quickly.
- Breathing deeply also keeps the body and mind’s stress under control. It helps the body to relax as well as lessen anxiety because more oxygen reaches the brain which makes the brain perceive that it needs to calm down and relax.
- Getting good exercise can also act as stress reliever. Being active can boost feel-good endorphins in the brain and fight stress and anxiety. This works as a natural way to decrease the production of excess cortisol.
- Laughing can also increasingly help battle away the stress as it releases serotonin also called as the happy hormones and it even helps in lowering the adrenaline produced by the body.
- Having a good and relaxing massage is also another way of reducing stress levels right away as it makes the body calm and even promotes better sleep, which can be very difficult to get when someone is battling stress.
- Taking a warm salt bath can also help in relieving stress as numerous releases of adrenaline and cortisol in an uncertain stress response can be due to a low magnesium level in the body. Magnesium plays an important role in the release and acceptance of the happy hormones. If the body has low magnesium level, it can be the reason behind the high cortisol level, a warm Epsom salt bath as well as eating magnesium-rich food is natural ways to increase the magnesium level.
- For pet lovers, this will really come in handy as enjoying time with pets can also help relieve the stress in both mind and body. It also helps improve the level of the stress-reducing hormone oxytocin as well as reducing the production of cortisol. Pets can also lower the anxiety and fear, and at the same time increase the feeling of calmness as they can reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
Reducing stress hormones may sound so difficult, but as long as you know what to do about it, it will be a much smaller problem than you think it is. Remember, all work and no play can lead to a very dull life.