Find the best way to take care of lips and keep it healthy and attractive. These tips will give you the idea for keeping lips in the perfect condition.
Having smooth and clean lips is what every women wants as it multiplies the beauty of our face. Sun, wind, lack of moisture and other irritants prevent us from getting beautiful lips. Since the lips skin is very sensitive, it is easily damaged. However, there are certain tricks and precautions which will keep your lips attractive all round the year. Keeping the lips in good condition is possible even in the most extreme conditions. Here we offer some tips and tricks to take care of lips in winter or summer and maintain its beauty.
The first thing to is to prepare your lips for cleansing and there is nothing better for that than exfoliate to remove dead skin and look more fresh and vigorous. If you have a super soft scrub you can use it on your lips, otherwise the easiest way to do this is with a lip balm and a tissue. Apply the balm and smiles to stretch your lips, then roll the scarf on a finger and rub softly. Few natural methods of exfoliation are described in the home remedies section. Once this process is over, it is advised to use a lip balm.
Moisturizing lip surface
Providing hydration is the initial step to take care of lips. Without enough moisture, lips start to turn dark, dry and finally chapped. A natural ointment is beeswax which is available in all pharmacies. Lining lips with any moisturizing cream or ointment before going out is a good way to protect and take care of lips. Some people use cocoa butter to soothe chapped lips. Vaseline is also a nice remedy for moisturizing lips. Apply any moisture providing product three times a day or more often if your lips are very dry. A home remedy is to use coconut oil which can effectively soften and moisturize chapped lips.
Protect your lips from UV rays
The lip skin is more sensitive than the rest of the body to the harmful effects of the sun. To avoid irreversible damage and premature aging, do not forget to protect it with a sunscreen. Apply lip balm above and repeats this routine few times a day. Lip balms with sunscreen must be avoided by people with allergies to it. If you are not allergic then use a nice creamy lip balm to moisturize lips plus provide sun protection. Apply a cream with at least 15 SPF (sun protection factor) before going outside.
Home remedies to take care of lips
Follow these tips to recover, prepare and feel your lips daily. These home remedies will help to take good care of your lips.
- Mix in a clean bowl, a tablespoon of coconut oil with 3 drops of essential oil of peppermint, this serves to moisturize your lips and protect them from cold and air conditioning.
- Do you have chapped lips? Take few fresh rose petals, wash them and mix them with a tablespoon of milk, do it in a food processor to make a paste and put them on the lips several times a day. This will lighten the darkness and make your lips pink.
- Trust in the qualities of cucumber to take care of lips which have dried out. Cut a slice of cucumber and rub it on your lips, do it several times a day and you will notice as it is always hydrated. Apart from giving you soft lips, cucumbers also serves to lighten your lip skin.
- Take about a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, wear it as a mask on your lips, leave about 15 minutes and rinse. It is perfect to revitalize and heal skin. This remedy will serve you when your lips are cracked as it makes the skin smooth as well as prevents infection.
- Mix half a teaspoon of organic coconut oil with half a teaspoon of sugar, put it on the lips and massage softly. Then cover your lips with transparent plastic film and leave for 15 minutes, remove with splashing water and this will exfoliate the dead skin on the lips.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon Epsom salts with a few drops of peppermint essential oil, exfoliate your lips with this mixture and rinse. This will make your lips will feel revitalized.
- With your toothbrush you start to slowly brush your lips with a gentle pressure. Put your moisturizer or the sugar remedy above and start this treatment over your lips. This stimulates circulation and also removes the dead and flaky skin over your lips and provides a smooth texture.
- Ice when moved over the lips for a few minutes cleans the impurities, improves circulation and makes your lip look big and red.
More tips for perfect lips
Here are 5 tips for you to make your lips look irresistible.
- Before going to sleep apply moisturizing creams to lips. Use a product which contains hyaluronic acid. We must avoid moisture loss and for this the best is a specific lip balm which provides a protective film that limits evaporation and promotes hydration. Remember lips should be taken care throughout the day until night, so you should have on hand a specific lip balm at all times.
- The important precaution is not to wet lips with your tongue for moisturizing it because the effect is just the opposite as it just gets more dry. When we have dry, chapped lips, we moisten them with tongue. Lips naturally produce a thin layer of fat but saliva removes this protection which leads to further damage.
- Getting a lip peeling is also a good choice. It is easy and inexpensive. You can use any of the home remedies for lip cleansing. Just remember to perform this step only once in 5-7 days. It is true that dead skin are unsightly, they shame and pulling them is a great temptation, but do it gently. Using too much pressure can damage the lip surface.
- The makeup is also an ally to have perfect lips. Ideally, select makeup products that contain less chemicals. Selecting the product without knowing the ingredients can harm your lips as well as your health. Do your research, read the reviews of people who have used that product and then make a decision.
- If you smoke cigarettes then this habit is not just harming your lips, but it also has some serious effect on your health. The lips of regular smokers are often dark and dry. If you want to take care of your lips then better quit this habit.
- Avoid bad habits like pulling dead skin with fingers, biting and licking lips.