Find the best way to remove age spots fast from your face. This tips and natural home remedies like lemon will help you get rid of these marks permanently.
Any person no matter how old or male or female, or any race can develop age spots so nobody is safe really. However, there are certain parameters that you can look into before coming to any decision and they are common in people more than 40 years old or people having fair skin or people with prolonged sun exposure. Hence people coming in this parameter should not be shocked if they have some age spots.
Sometimes there appear some spots on our body which are black, brown or yellow in color and are generally flat, these spots are called age spots. Some other common names for age spots are liver spots, dark spots or even sun spots. In terms of harmful effects, age spots are rather harmless and they don’t even cause pain, but they do make you appear a bit bad which can sometime cause you emotional stress. Hence some people try to remove age spots or reduce them with some preventive measures or some medical treatments.
Causes of Age Spots
First of all age spots are basically caused because of production of a skin pigment called melanin in excess that is to say more than normally needed. Now, this melanin is responsible for the color of your skin. There are still some debates going on why the age spots develop in the first place. Some of the common listed causes are aging skin (more than 40 years), exposure of sun or any other form of ultraviolet light for a longer period of time, etc. And most common places affected by these causes are your face, neck, upper back, shoulder and every part of your body where your skin is exposed to sun.
If you want to diagnose age spot yourself then you should know the symptoms which are age spots are dark spots whose color ranges from yellowish brown to black having similar texture of your skin and are generally painless and occur normally in prolonged sun exposed areas of your skin like face, neck, shoulder and upper back. But if you are not certain whether it is age spot or something else than you must go to a doctor particularly a dermatologist and see what he says about it. If he is not sure than he might take a skin sample and have it biopsied. The worst possible outcome from this is there can be cancer so sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry.
Treatment for age spots
Even though age spots do not cause us any harm physically but they are still hideous to look at and so it is understandable if you would like to get rid of them. Hence, here some affective treatment plans to help you get rid of age spots and be beautiful as always.
In case of medicinal treatments, bleaching creams are the best as far as age spots are concerned. Bleaching creams help to reduce slowly, but steadily it removes age spots by fading it completely. You can over the counter creams which must contain hydroquinone or retinoid of some sort or even glycolic acid. These bleaching creams can be bought over the counter in lower concentration but if you want a higher concentration cream then you will need a prescription. But the problem with bleaching creams is that it takes some time before completely removing the age spots and secondly it leaves your skin more vulnerable so you have to put on the sunscreen everyday and at all times but it does work if you would be patient you will see the changes in your skin.
Home remedies and medicinal treatment take some time to show their full affect but in case you want to get the fast treatment or the other treatments are not working for your than and only than you can go for these kind of procedures. But even before making any decisions your doctor will inform you about the side effects and some expected complications. And if you are sure you want to go for it then ask your dermatologist about the best procedure for your skin type. To help you with the decision here I am mentioning some of the available treatment plans like chemical peels which burns out the upper layer of your skin and lets the underlying skin grow, then there is laser one in which a laser it used to destroy the cells which actually are producing these skin pigment, another one is dermabrasion which is similar to the chemical peels method as it also remove the outer layer of the skin and let the inner layer grow and breathe and lastly there is an option of cryosurgery in which liquid nitrogen is used to freeze you age spots. But always remember no matter which treatment you choose your skin will always be vulnerable so always wear sunscreen if not for age spots then just as a preventive measure.
Home Remedies to remove age spots
Home Remedies are something which are used for a long time and are known to get the appropriate outcomes. If you want to go with the natural way then you might like to go with home remedies and hence here are some listed for you.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice works as a bleaching agents and helps to eliminate age spots as it contains citric acid. Take some lemon juice in a cup or a bowl than take a piece of cotton or some cloth and using it apply some lemon juice on your age spots directly and leave it for 30 – 45 minutes. After the required time has elapsed you simply need to wash your face properly. Repeat this process twice everyday to see the expected results. Before going ahead with this method remember lemon juice may leave your skin more vulnerable to sun by making it sun sensitive so never leave the lemon juice on your face before going out. And secondly if pure lemon juice causes some irritation to your skin than you can make a diluted solution by simply adding some water to the mixture.
- Aloe Vera: Well, we all know the medicinal properties of Aloe Vera and how it is good for your skin and hair. And so you can also use Aloe Vera in your fight and remove age spots. Take freshly cut Aloe Vera leaf and pour some gel in a bowl and then apply this paste directly to these spots and leave it there for some time. If you want you can just leave it there but if you feel uncomfortable than you may wash it after an hour or so. If you can’t get the freshly cut Aloe Vera leaf then try getting the pure gel form from the nearest medical or general shop as it will work just as fine.
- Castor Oil: Castor Oil is widely renowned for its healing properties and so you can use them to heal your skin from age spots. Simply take some castor oil and apply it directly to the age spots and massage them for 5 minutes and then let it be, so the skin can absorb it and help with the healing. You can repeat this process everyday may be before going to bed or early in the morning. You can also include some other natural oils if you have dry skin but if you have oily skin then you should probably avoid this method.
- Yogurt and Honey: You can either use yogurt and honey separately or by making a mixture of them as they both have the properties which are helpful to get rid of age spots. All you have to do is take either honey or yogurt individually or in a mixture with both in equal parts and apply it on age spots. Leave it there for 20 – 30 minutes and then please remember to rinse it off as your skin will get really sticky if you are using honey. Repeat this process twice everyday to get the expected results.
Tips to prevent age spots
Age spots, as the name suggest they can be caused because of growing old at least 40 year or older so you cannot always prevent it like what will you do stop aging? But however you can always reduce the chances of getting them in the first place. So, here are some of the tips to reduce the chances of getting age spots.
- Try to wear clothes that cover your skin and protect them from prolonged sun exposure when you go out like hats, pants, full sleeve shirts or t-shirts, etc. Recently there are even some UV resistant clothes which can protect your skin from UV rays as they have UPF of 40 to 50.
- No matter what you do always apply sunscreen of at least UPF 15 and if you are expecting excess sun exposure then try sunscreen of UPF 30.
- Try applying sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going out and always remember to refresh them by reapplying them after every couple of hours and more frequently if you are going for a swim or some other activity of that sort.
- And last but not the least try avoiding sun exposure from morning 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the afternoon as sun is at its best during those hours.
I know some of the preventive measures appear to be impossible to attain, but always do what you can to avoid getting age spots. And if you do unfortunately end up with age spots then you can always go for anyone of the treatment plans mentioned above.