Find the best way to reduce hair fall problem and make hair long and strong. These tips and naturally made home remedies will prevent hair fall quickly.
Hair fall is one of the most common problems suffered by all beings on earth; let it be humans or any other species. But the good news for you is that you can treat it if you want to and they can’t. So, if you want to get rid of your hair fall problems then you must understand the cause of your hair fall and know about how to reduce hair fall and provide treatment for it and that’s all this article is about.
Hair Fall Causes
There are many reason a person can be having hair loss the important thing is to rectify the problem and to look for the solution and in order to do that you might need to follow some steps which start from here.
Identify Your Symptoms:
First step towards getting rid of hair loss is to identify the symptoms of hair fall and then take it from there. Some of the common questions you can ask yourself to identify the symptoms are as follows:
- Is your hair getting thinner and thinner by the day?
- Do you have patches of hair on your head?
- Does your hair fall off a lot like a fistful at a time?
- Are you only losing hair on your head or all over your body?
- Have you recently made any new changes in your hair products?
Once you answer these questions honestly then you might know if you have hair loss problem or not. If nothing more, than answering these questions will help you steer in the right direction on which course of treatment to take and how to deal with your hair in day to day life.
Identify the Source:
Identifying the source is very important in order to stop hair fall as it will tell us the why we are having hair fall problems in the first place and accordingly we can make the treatment plan. Now this hair fall can be caused due to multiple reasons like due to some illness, trauma, stress, a sudden change in medications, hormones conditions any one of these thing might lead to hair fall. The main thing is to identify which one is causing your hair problem and to do so here is some insight on some of these causes.
- Stress can be a cause of hair fall. Sudden changes in life whether physical or emotional can be the reason for our stress which in turn is causing us hair trouble. But before hair fall starts this hair will start getting thinner and then fall while combing. If you notice the signs than you know it’s time to make some changes.
- If you are losing hair both on your body and head then this might be because of some medical treatment that you are undergoing like chemotherapy for cancer, or it might be some side effects due to some medications you are currently on. So, it would be better if you reach out to a professional in this matter as it could be something serious or it could be nothing but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Sometimes in Men their hair move back and their hairline on the forehead forms like the alphabet M. This is a sign of Male Pattern Baldness also known as Androgenetic alopecia and in female their hairline part widens.
- A skin disease like the type of ringworm can also be the cause of hair loss. You will notice the symptoms like broken hair, redness on your skin, itching, and then there will be patchiness and when that happens you know it’s time for treatment before it is too late.
- Another condition for hair loss is Alopecia Areata in which initially there are some patchy hair loss then it smoothen the area and you find circular type bald spots spread throughout your scalp hence the name.
Once you have enough knowledge about why you are losing your hair then you can start making your treatment plan and then go from there.
Daily Hair care Routine
Daily habits play a vital role in hair fall because if you don’t treat your hair properly in your day to day life then they are bound to have some problems let it be hair fall, split ends or dry hair for that matter. Hence it is essential to make some changes in our daily habits as it will make all the difference in how fast your treatment works. The three most important changes that need to be taken care of are mentioned here.
Washing Your Hair:
Sometimes if a person is not washing their hair properly then it may also cause hair troubles like hair fall, split ends or even harshly damaged hair. If you do not wash your hair regularly then you must start doing it from now on and if you do then you are already on the right track. Some people even when they do wash their hair regularly undergo hair problems and that is because they are doing something wrong so here are some tips to better manage your hair wash.
- Wash your hair daily without fail and never use hot water instead use lukewarm to cold water to rinse off the shampoo.
- Choose your shampoo carefully and according to your hair type. If you have hair fall problems then choose a shampoo which is not that chemically aggressive and can help to reduce hair fall while on the other hand if you have dandruff then you have to choose anti dandruff shampoo.
- While shampooing, don’t just apply the shampoo and wash it off immediately afterwards instead let it sit there for couple of minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. So, the shampoo gets the time to do its task properly.
- Once you have washed your hair do not rub it hardly with towel to dry it instead try soaking the excess water from your hair using a towel and then just let it dry naturally. As rubbing would stretch your hair and when done harshly might even cause the healthy hair to fall off.
Combing Your Hair:
Combing our hair or brushing has a great impact on our hair so one must do it with great care. Hence here are some general tips.
• Never brush your hair when they are wet, instead try combing them and use a wide toothed wooden comb.
• Try brushing your hair from inside out rather than top to bottom and be gentle about it because if you pull too hard then you might break some hairs which in turn can cause more hair trouble.
Massaging Your Hair:
Massaging your hair is very soothing for your hair and your entire body. Try massaging your hair every night before going to bed using some natural oil. A proper scalp massage increases the blood circulation in your scalp which increases the growth potential of your hair.
Along with the changes in the daily habits it would be better if you would consider making some additional changes to better your hair condition. Hence precautionary measures are here to help us to prevent any hair fall from happening in the first place.
Diet is very important factor in preserving your hair care and so we need to maintain proper diet. It is known that your hair is made of 25% water so it is best to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, say, at least 6 to 8 glasses of water. Secondly your hair is made from protein named keratin so it is better to include protein rich food in our diet. In short one should maintain a well nutritional and well balanced diet to help prevent hair fall.
Stress is one of the reasons which can cause hair loss so try to be calm and relax a little. To avoid stress some people do meditations or yoga while others go for walking or for jogging. Every individual deals with stress in their own way but it needs to be dealt with or it might cause hair fall. In severe stressful condition person gets this irresistible urge to pull their hair out from everywhere their head, eyebrows or any other body parts and for this I recommend to seek professional treatment.
People today, they go overboard with their hairstyle which tends to cause a lot more hair trouble then needed. Just try going easy on your hair and don’t use more harsh chemical products just to style your hair for just one night. Try to minimize the use of hot products on your hair for curls, straightening, permanents and any others. For once think about just how much trouble you are going to face for just one night of good hairstyle.
Home remedies to reduce hair fall
Natural Remedies are one way to better your hair condition and it is oldest and with no side effects. These treatments are something that our ancestors invented before there was any medicine and it worked for them pretty good so just think about it.
- Egg Whites:
- Warm Oil Massage:
- Aloe Vera:
Egg whites, if you know one thing about hair is that it is made of a protein called keratin and on the other hand egg white is a pure form of protein, so, you the connection here.
• Take some eggs and pour it in a bowl and remove the yolk from it.
• Once you have egg whites then apply it like a mask to your hair and scalp properly.
• Wait for 30 minutes to one hour and then wash it off with a proper cleansing material.
• Repeat this once a week to get better result.
This treatment is very effective if your hair fall is due to lack of nutrition. It also helps your hair to get stronger and healthier.
Warm oil massage is the best way to control hair fall and it also helps to get the soft and silky smooth hair. One should use any oil which is rich in Vitamin E like almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, mustard oil or olive oil for that matter. Heat the oil for few minutes and then massage your scalp and hair with the lukewarm oil for few minutes. It would be best if you could keep the oil overnight but if you can’t then shampoo your hair after an hour or so, the longer the better. Make a habit of doing this everyday to get the best result.
In today’s life, pollution comes in as common causes of hair fall. But good news for us here is that here Aloe Vera can come in handy. In my opinion Aloe Vera is the best home remedy there is because it can help heal you skin problem, hair problem and even teeth and gum problems.
• Take one Aloe Vera leaf and remove the gel from it or you can buy the gel directly from the shop but the former is better.
• Apply this gel to your hair and scalp and massage it nicely.
• Then rinse it off after an hour with lots of water.
• Repeat this every alternate day to get the better results.
Aloe Vera is also known to fight dandruff problems along with strengthening your hair and giving them a good shine.
Medical Treatment for Hair Fall
Some people choose to go with the medical treatment over natural one as it is fast and efficient. So, if you too want to go for medical treatment then there is no problem because in the end all that matters is that you get rid of hair fall. You can either take over the counter medications like Rogaine, Livon and such medicines which can help you to get better thicker hair and stop hair fall. The second way is to go to a dermatologist and take his opinion in this matter. Tell him your symptoms and answer the questions he ask and then he will help you to get the best medical treatment either by prescribing medicine or by some other methods. In the medical matter I recommend you take the doctor’s advice because then you can make a well informed decision rather than he said she said on over the counter medicines.
If you have maintained your hair properly and followed every step which are mentioned above for preventing hair fall then you might not need a treatment plan. Treat your hair with either natural remedies or by some professional treatment, depends on your choice and then on your hair fall problem that is to say if you need fast solution then go for professional treatment but if you prefer more organic and natural then go for the other.