Find some of the best tips to prevent blackheads and whiteheads on your nose. These tips and home remedies will reduce and eliminate blackheads on face.
One of the most common skin problems in young adults is blackheads. Sometimes painful but usually harmless this problem has a great impact on how we look as it primarily occurs on our faces but other than that it can be found on your back, chest and neck. These blackheads can be caused due to one of the many reasons like excess oil, clogged open pores, bacteria and dead skin cells. Yes, it is true that blackheads can be easily treated but wouldn’t it be better if we avoid getting blackheads in the first place or if you already have them and have treated them once then let’s make sure you never get them again. So, here are some preventive measures one must take in order to avoid blackheads from occurring ever.
Daily Habits to prevent blackheads
The first and foremost step in preventing blackheads is to have a clean skin at all times. Clean Skin lowers the amount of dead skin cells and dirt on your face and body and helps to prevent blackheads from ever forming as there is nothing to get clogged in the open pores. Some of the tips and tricks that you should include in your daily habits to help keep your skin clean are mentioned here.
Wash Your Skin Regularly:
If you are a decent person then you must be taking bath at least once a day and if not then you must start doing it because it is a good habit and great for personal hygiene. Secondly when you wash your skin regularly it decreases the chances of any dirt getting clogged in open pores which in turn prevents blackheads. Some tips for washing your skin are as follows:
- Wash your skin gently and not too harshly as it can cause to open new pores or enlarge already open pores which can lead to blackheads.
- Find a cleanser which is less irritable and with a neutral pH value. Avoid washing your blackheads prone skin with bar soap as its ingredients may increase pores clogging.
- Avoid using hot water to wash your skin as it can strip your skin of all its oil which can lead to dry and irritating skin. Instead try using lukewarm to slight cold water as it will help to close already open pores.
- Lastly make it a habit to wash your skin regularly as it will help you remove additional dirt and oil and help you to prevent blackheads.
When you apply make-up or any cosmetic product on your skin it actually covers your pores so it wouldn’t look bad. But that same thing can be bad for your skin if you keep your make-up on for a long period of time like say entire night, so, it’s better to remove your make-up before going to bed every day so it doesn’t clog your pores and avoid forming blackheads. Some tips you may like to follow in order to prevent blackheads from ever occurring.
- Use a proper make-up remover to clean your skin of any cosmetic products that is clogging your pores.
- Remember to use a specific cleanser if you are applying water proof make-up.
- No matter what always wash your face once before going to bed as it will help to clean all the dirt from your face before it turns into blackheads.
- Try to clean your make-up sponges and other make-up sets every month or so in order to remove bacteria that are on the apparatus which hasten blackheads.
Shower after Sweat:
Shower after sweat means it is better to take shower after you have worked hard and sweat hard as when you sweat your pores open up and its high chance that some of them might get clogged with dirt. Hence, it is better to clean yourself after working out or any other high sweating activity. And remember not to wash your skin with regular soap if you are prone to blackheads.
Don’t Go Overboard:
Some people when they get blackheads they go overboard by washing their skin frequently or should I say over wash their skin which never helps with the situation but rather makes it terrible. As it strips the skin of its natural oil and causes skin to irritate which in turns opens or enlarges your pores for blackheads to form so, in order to prevent blackheads you shouldn’t over wash your skin or rashly wash your skin for that matter. But only wash your skin in the above given situations like take bath once a day at least, after some strenuous activity and before going to bed.
Precautionary Steps for blackhead prevention
The Daily habits part is for a person to include in his/her day to day life but they can only help you so much. So, if you want to be a step ahead of any skin problems then you must consider taking some extra precautionary measures, some of which are mentioned here.
Moisturizing your skin after you wash your face is important as it can help to keep it fresh and blackheads free. But in order to avoid any other problem from moisturizing you need to get a proper skin type moisturizer which would work better for you and for that you need to make sure what type of skin you have. If you do know your skin type than that is well and good, but if you have any doubts than it is better to take a professional opinion from a skin specialist or a dermatologist. And this moisturizer is not hard to come by; they are available at the nearest pharmacies. Just remember to assess your skin type properly and apply it after each wash.
You should know that blackheads are pores clogged with either by dead skin cells or by some dirt with the help of oil from your skin. In order to prevent this clogging it is better to exfoliate your skin on a regular basis say once or twice a week.
- First choose a proper exfoliating scrub which has natural or synthetic outlet with uniform shape.
- Then gently exfoliate your skin and remove the dark, dead skin cells and dirt from your skin and then wash your face properly. Remember not to exfoliate harshly as it can cause irritation which can lead to further blackheads.
- Remember exfoliation is for prevention of blackheads and not removal of them as it only remove the dirt and dead skin on the surface and does not go any deep than that.
This step only applies to you if you have oily skin, so, if you have dry skin then you should skip this step. People with oily skin are more prone to blackheads as it is oil that helps to clog the dirt. To prevent any blackheads we need to get rid of the excess oil. Some of methods to get rid of excess oil are mentioned here.
- You can apply clay mask every week or so, as it remove all the excess oil from your skin and it also helps to purify your skin and make it appear beautiful.
- If you don’t have a lot of time then you may carry some oil blotting paper along with you which you can use every chance you get in case your skin feels oily.
- The last would be to visit a dermatologist and ask a solution for oily skin and he will probably advice you to get some cream just in some severe cases.
It is said that anything that goes inside your body has some effect on your skin hence it is better to maintain a proper diet in order to prevent any skin problems. Some common food tips which are good skin wise and health wise.
- Drink as much water as you can. Keep it between 6-8 glasses at least for a day in order to stay hydrated from the inside.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol as much as possible as both causes dehydration among other big problems.
- Avoid eating fried and junk food; instead eat healthy food which includes all the necessary vitamins and nutrients.
- Avoid fatty and high sugar containing food as it slows down the new skin cell growth which is bad skin wise.
- Eat watery fruits like water melon, tomatoes, banana, etc.
After trying every preventive measure if you do end up having blackheads which rarely happens but when it does then you have to follow certain steps in order to prevent it from spreading any further.
- First and foremost would be avoid touching or pricking blackheads no matter what, because if you do then the chances of spreading are much more severe and it may also cause some irritation.
- But when the blackheads is ugly and very noticeable on your face and no matter what you do you are not able to get is out then it is better to remove it but with proper precautions.
- Buy a blackhead extractor commonly called comedone extractor which is available at every pharmacy and some grocery stores as well.
- Before using the comedone extractor warm your skin part containing blackhead so it can pop out a bit.
- Then with the help of the extractor simple pick it out and then wash and moisturize your face properly.
- But sometime it is impossible to extract a blackhead or two using the extractor at this time you must not force the blackhead to pop out as it can cause further irritation of the skin instead go see a dermatologist and he/she will be able to help you better.
Blackheads and other skin problems can be easily prevented if precautions are taken properly. So you must follow the tips given above and if things get bad then you must go see a dermatologist as he/she can help you with the problem and maybe prescribe you with some cream which can help you prevent blackheads easily. Another thing is to wear loose clothes as it will prevent dirt from getting clogged which in turn prevents blackheads. No matter what happens always remember “Prevention is better than cure” so just try preventing blackheads in the first place or from spreading any further.