The best way to lighten tanned skin is to apply sunscreen lotions and exfoliate with naturally with home remedies like lemon or honey to get rid of it fast.
Everyone likes going to the beach, jet off to a sunny place, play sports or be involved in activities where there is a strong sun exposure. However in recent years the ozone layer has weakened and even after using sunscreen lotions that cost a lot of money, many have to experience get sunburned or tanned, which leaves the skin darker and uneven. We have come with some of the best tips and home remedies that will lighten tanned skin fast and make it beautiful.
Exfoliate the tanned skin
Changing skin tone with lightening creams won’t work until you remove the dark dead skin cells from the top. To lighten tanned skin quickly it is recommended to peel for eliminating dead cells that are hyper-pigmented due to over sun exposure. This means that if you protect yourself from the sun, in 3 or 4 weeks your tone will be normal because peeling has cleared these dead cells, those that have been burned and given this uneven tone. But do not abuse the skin with exfoliate and perform just once a week.
Exfoliation makes you lose dead skin cells, which are those that have been tanned, therefore, can help a little to remove the tan. But as long as you protect them from the sun, because if you exfoliate and sunbathe, tan cells are “new” and therefore take longer to get rid from the skin. Once the peeling of dead cells is over you must stay n shade to avoid further tanning of the new cells. Exfoliate occasionally and protect yourself from the sun to whiten your skin within few weeks.
Food to repair skin
The main key to clear your skin is to take a better diet, in this regard you should consume plenty of water because your skin has been dried by the sun is recommended to consume 2-3 liters per day. Increase your diet with foods rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, C and E which keeps your skin young and depresses the production of melanin which removes the dark pigmentation of the skin.
It is advisable to drink plenty of water and eat dark green vegetables and carrots – as they have a high content of beta- Carotene, substance that help regulate melanin. On the other hand, it is also highly recommended to eat other foods such as apples, tomatoes, garlic, mango and melon because they contain flavonoids, known for their contribution to a better fixation of tanning. Also include other antioxidant rich foods to repair the cells and lighten tanned skin.
Lotions to whiten skin
If you want to get your skin tone to normal you use a cream with high sun protection factor every time you go out even when it is cloudy. The use of exfoliation and home remedies to get rid of tanned skin cannot replace sunscreen. You should always use it as a complement to the above, never as a substituent. Always use sunscreen before, at least 30 SPF. Even if the he day seems cloudy, but don’t step under the sky, until you have applied a good sun shielding lotion. This trick will help you a lot to protect skin against various problems like tans, burns, dry skin and wrinkles.
Home remedies for tanned skin
Use of natural home remedies for skin lightening is the most recommended since it is not only cheap but prevents you from negative side effects of cosmetics. Among the major acids that can be used in natural form are the fruit containing citric acid (lemon, orange), lactic acid (milk and yogurt) and other moisturizing and antioxidant rich natural products. Here are the best home remedies to remove tanned skin permanently.
- Ice: It is easy to get, cheap, perfect for all skin types and probably you already have at home. If you expect a tanned and finished with a large burn then ice is an excellent solution for pain. It will one of the best home remedy to accelerate the recovery process of tan. If you want a real relief you can add ice cubes to a cloth and move it on the tanned area for 5 minutes daily.
- Lemon juice: If you want to use this natural remedy, the first thing you have to do is extract the juice of a lemon. Mix the lemon juice with equal parts water. With a cotton swab apply the juice directly to the tan. Keep the cotton on the skin for a few minutes and perform this procedure for several days a week. What makes stains clarification is citric acid. This component of lemon helps exfoliate your skin, removing dead cells and balance the different skin tones. It is important that once you apply the lemon do not immediately expose yourself to the sun or use sunscreen.
- Honey: You can use lemon in a mask with a little honey. Mix the lemon juice with two teaspoons of honey and apply on the sun tanned skin. Let the mixture act for about 30 minutes and then rinse with warm water. If your tan is very pronounced you can apply this mask every day.
- Yogurt: Another remedy is to apply plain yogurt to all sun burned and tan areas. Then a shower of cold water and then dry thoroughly. The lactic acid in yogurt is considered to be an exfoliating acid which is best for skin lightening because they remove the tanned dead skin cells giving it a more clear and beautiful tone.
- Aloe vera: Another option is to make a gel of aloe and put it throughout the tan. Leave on and after 10 minutes rinse with water. Aloe vera is another product that is used for almost all problems that occur in the skin. In the case to lighten tan, rub aloe vera over it to absorb it and let it act. You will need to repeat this process daily, to obtain more effective results.
- Carrots and Tomato: Blend two carrots and a tomato, then mix it with the juice of one squeezed orange. Vitamin C in orange and tomato antioxidant properties together with carrot, will give an extra to help create melanin protection, which in turn will clear tanned spots on skin.
- Apple cider vinegar is another best way to whiten tanned skin naturally because of its antiseptic and soothing properties. Take a cotton piece dipped in vinegar and slowly apply it all over the tan. Leave it for 20 minutes and finally rinse using cold water.
- Our last recommendation is to mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice and a pinch of baking soda and apply to the burned area. Hold for 30 minutes and remove with cold water.
Tips to lighten tanned skin
- Take a cold shower without rubbing the skin for the first few days of tan.
- Keep the area always hydrated to make the tone even quickly.
- It is advisable to drink plenty of fluids such as water or juice.
- Try to wear clothes that completely cover your hands and legs when you are out.
- Apply fairness creams to the area as these creams contain lipids and melanin reducing agents.
I would also like you to know that the magic key to clarify the tan is that you should be very consistent in applying these tips and do not despair to see quick results. Remember that skin lightening is all like a journey that requires dedication and may take a few weeks and hence don’t be discouraged if you see no result in the first few days.