Find the best way to lighten dark hair fast naturally. Use home remedies like lemon, vinegar, honey and baking soda to lighten hair color overnight without bleach.
The makeover of hair color with dyes can have fatal consequences on its health. Often we use artificial dyes without considering how harmful it can become, which complicates the task of maintaining shiny, silky hair and most importantly the health and strength of its strands Therefore, before resorting to artificial products, think about whether there is any way to get the same result in a more natural way. Learn from us how to lighten hair at home without damaging its quality.
Discover six simple homemade tricks to lighten dark hair fast naturally which will give you a good result with few applications. These tricks will give your hair the perfect highlights you wanted on them.
Home remedies to lighten hair
Choose the most appropriate natural home remedy for brightening your hair fast, plus follow all the tips to maintain its health .
- Vinegar: It can become the best ally to make your hair shiny. Some decades back when there were no hair masks being sold in the market, our grandmothers used vinegar to naturally lighten the dark tone of hair. Choose apple cider vinegar, fill half glass with it and rest half fill it with water. Apply on washed hair and let it remain for 10 minutes. Do not worry about the smell because it evaporates within minutes and there is no trace. Now use tap water to rinse your hair again.
- Avocado: This fruit is rich in nutrients that hydrate hair naturally. Mix the pulp with a little olive oil, add some lemon juice to it and apply it as a normal mask. It is perfect for turning hair shiny and reducing the dark color of hair. This is the best solution for women who have a dry hair type.
- Lemon: Lemon is one of the best way to lighten and brighten your hair and make it shiny.
You only need a lemon to prepare this remedy and to use it when the day is sunny. Squeeze the juice of 4 lemons in a bowl, mix water and apply it everywhere over the hair and expose your hair to sun for 15 minutes. Repeat it just once a week as it is very powerful lightener and over using can turn hair white.
But beware you should not drop a single drop on the face, as they may lead to blemishes. Also you avoid bathing in the pool as some of the additives that are added to water can leave you with gray hair. This trick is not recommended for women with fine or damaged hair since this citrus acidity can lead to further damage.
- Honey: This is a perfect choice for people with dry and damaged hair who want to add highlights. You can prepare the mixture and store in the fridge to use it many times until it ends. The process is as follows. The first thing is to heat a cup of water and add two tablespoons of honey. When it begins to boil, add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of half a lemon. Now stir the mixture well and let cool in the refrigerator before applying it on damp hair, which has to act for about 20 minutes and then rinse.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is the first homemade trick that is passed through the mind of any woman with a basic understanding of beauty. This flower has the benefit of allowing to lighten the tone of the hair without damaging it. In addition, it gives your hair a beautiful reflection of light that makes hair look very attractive. Instead of buying a hair product that contains this ingredient, you can use a bag of chamomile tea and water to achieve the same effect. Just boil water and steep the tea bag for about ten minutes. When the tea has cooled, rinse hair with the resulting water, wait fifteen minutes before washing.
- Egg mask: Take pen and paper and note this recipe to prepare a very affordable remedy composed of three ingredients: egg, beer or vinegar and lemon. Like chamomile, lemon is one of our best allies to lighten the tone a little. Combined with egg and beer or vinegar, the result is fantastic. This treatment is for women with splits and extreme hair loss who want to lighten hair at the same time make it healthy. To do this, first we will beat the egg white. Then add half a glass of beer or vinegar and stir the combination well and finally add the juice of half a lemon.
Use the mixture like a hair mask. So, apply to wet hair after a massage, leave on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing your hair normally with tap water. Of course, you know that the results of this mask are not immediate, so be patient. Repeat it every five days and see the result after a month.
- Baking soda: The sodium bicarbonate does not only lighten hair, but serves to eliminate the accumulation of chemicals to which our hairs are usually exposed from the use of shampoos, dyes and conditioners. As in the previous case, it requires a little time to get results but if used once a week, you can remove harmful chemicals and get the best version of your highlighted hair. Prepare a thin paste of baking soda with water and now extend it on scalp and leave for half an hour minimum. After half an hour wash your hair with cold water.
- Aloe Vera: Buy aloe vera plant as the gel obtained from its leaf can be a good investment for your beauty. Cut a leaf from the plant and slice this leaves to collect the gel that can be used on hair. Try adding the pulp like your usual mask and your hair will be smoother than ever. If you want this treatment to work fast, then add lemon juice to it and expose your hair to sun for 10 minutes.
- Oils: Relaxation scalp massage is a very simple and very effective to improve the condition of the hair. It activates micro-circulation of the skin and when mixed with lemon can lighten dark hair and make it shiny. Take olive oil or coconut oil, add lemon and apply it in the root of the hair after shampooing and rinse with warm water after 5 minutes of action.
Tips to lighten dark hair
Here are a few tips that can be used to brighten the color of your hair and make it beautiful.
- When hair often experience high temperatures, it tends to go gray prematurely. Thus avoid the use of the dryers, curling irons and hot water for rinsing.
- If you are using dyes to lighten hair or get highlights then it is important that you visit a parlor and ask for less chemical dyes.
- The above home remedies with lemon and chamomile should be repeated just one time in a week. Overusing it can lead to graying of some hairs.
- Exposing hair to salt water in sea or chlorine water in pools are also known to reduce the dark color of hair.
- Hydrogen peroxide also works great for lightening the black or brown hair color.
- If your hair is damaged then it is important to first repair it and then use any treatment for giving it a brightening look.