The best way to get soft hair is to use overnight deep conditioning masks. Even men can use the fast tips and natural home remedies to make hair super soft.
Soft and smooth hair is everyone’s dream. Be it any hair style – short, long, curly or straight, soft and smooth hair always make you confident and look different. Studies show that there is a presence of natural oil in the outer layer of hair which keeps the hair moist and shiny. This is a sign of a healthy hair. However if this layer gets damaged, hair become dry, dull and unhealthy.
Infection on scalp, use of wrong hair products or conditioner, heat or exposure to sun, dyes, stress are some of the factors that lead to poor hair health. It requires some efforts on a regular basis though to keep the hair healthy, soft and shiny.
Conditioning and moisturizing are the best way to keep hair healthy, soft and smooth. However, one needs to do conditioning and moisturizing treatment at regular intervals. Use of certain conditioners or shampoos which meant for beautification of hair may result in bad hair over the period of time. There are various home remedies that one can use to get soft hair naturally. These homemade remedies may include honey, eggs, milk cream, olive oil, almond oil, aloe vera, coconut oil and so on.
Treatment for smooth and silky hair
Here are certain tips one can follow to get the best results for smooth, healthy and shiny hair:
- No to hot water wash: It is advisable that you avoid washing your hair frequently with hot water. Frequent hot water wash will result in loss of moisturizing oil from your hair. This will in the long run result in poor hair health. Rather than using hot water, use warm water to rinse your hair.
- Stop rubbing hair: It is better to avoid rubbing your wet hair using a towel. Rubbing may lead to damaging the hair and result in hair fall. Instead gently wipe it in a way that the towel soaks water. Females have an option of tying the towel on their head and leaving it. This allows the towel to soak in water better. Avoid combing wet hair.
- Hair massage: This technique enables a better blood circulation to the scalp. Use your fingers to massage the hair daily. You can follow a routine of massaging your hair using any natural oil at least an hour before you take bath. This helps you get smooth and silky hair, after wash.
- Conditioners: Conditioning treatment is also a good option to attain smooth hair. Conditioners make hair soft. But it is necessary to first identify the type of conditioner that suits best to your hair type. This is important to attain optimum results. Use a conditioner after shampooing your hair. A conditioner treats your hair and nourishes it from its roots.
- Quality products only: If you prefer the best for your diet, then why not choose the best for your hair nourishment? Always check if the hair-care product that you are about to buy is free from ammonia, alcohol and other petrochemicals. Natural is always better! So see to it that the product that you are using has maximum of natural ingredients and less of chemicals. This is critical to maintain the best of health of your hair and make it soft. Use of harmful chemical products will eventually lead to drying up of hair, split ends, graying of hair and so on.
- Foods for hair: A healthy diet is the key to everything…even for having healthy hair! So ensure that your dietary intake has more of proteins, vitamins and minerals. This is to ensure that there is no deficiency of these in your body and your hair also stays nourished. ‘Keratin’, which is an important element of which the hair is made up of, is also a kind of a protein. This makes it all the more important to have more of protein intake in your diet.
Avoid high temperatures: Extreme temperatures may result in damaged hair as such heat pulls away the moisture from the scalp and makes it dry. A good way to avoid this from happening is to cover your hair with cloth or cap, whenever you go out in harsh sun. Also when using dryers, use them at a low temperature.
Home remedies for soft hair
There are a lot of natural ways to maintain your hair in a perfect health and make them look soft, shiny and smooth. Much of these techniques can be done in the comfort of your home.
- Honey: Honey is a magical ingredient that helps in restoring the lost moisture. Apart from this, it also repairs any damage that the hair may have and makes the hair look healthy and smooth.
Use honey to prepare a conditioning treatment for your hair at home. Prepare a honey mask and apply the same to your scalp. Once the mask has been applied, massage the scalp for over 5 minutes in such a way that it coats all your hair. Let the honey mask stay on the hair for around twenty minutes. Later rinse your hair properly and you are sure to experience the difference.
- Vinegar: Using dilute vinegar solution can come in handy to treat your hair. In the past, vinegar was commonly used to moisturize hair and keep them soft and silky. So, use of dilute vinegar solution can bring back the shine and smoothness of your hair. For good results, add some water to vinegar and then use it to wash your hair. In case you find this remedy useful, continue doing it and it can surely replace the regular conditioners that you find in stores.
- Egg : If you want to get soft as well as dandruff free hair, then egg can do the job for you. All you need to do is – mix few drops of lemon and curd to the egg white and prepare an egg mask. Once the egg mask is prepared, apply the same to your hair – coating all the hair properly. After having done this, leave the mask for 15 minutes for the solution to work well.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel is being used for hair nourishment since ancient times to make hair strong, shiny and soft. Use of aloe vera is a master treatment to keep the hair in healthy and nourished state. For best results, apply the aloe vera gel on the hair and let it stay for some time. Later wash it with cold water.
- Oil therapy: Oil massage can do wonders for your hair. Using olive oil or coconut oil to massage your hair and then shampooing your hair can do wonders. Such oils contain nourishing elements like Vitamin E which help in maintaining the silkiness of hair.
- Tea: So what is it about the Tea Mystery – well to be frank the words were just meant to ensure your attention! None the less, tea water without any added sugar can be great if you use it for rinsing your hair. Tea water has proven its effectiveness for attaining soft and shiny hair.
- Mayonnaise: This may sound weird but it’s true. Mayonnaise can act as a natural hair conditioner to get soft hair. All you need to do is – coat your hair with mayonnaise and let it stay for around 30 minutes. You may use a shower cap to keep your hair covered. After 30 minutes, go ahead and rinse your hair using water.
- Yogurt and Lemon: Yogurt and Lemon together make a great pair when it comes to your hair care. Just add a few drops of lemon to yogurt and coat your hair with this mixture. Put the mixture to rest on your hair for around 30 minutes and later rinse your hair. The two act in different ways to make your hair smooth and clean – Yogurt moisturizes the hair to make it smooth while Lemon acts as an anti-dandruff and dirt removal agent.
Tips to get soft hair
- Maintain a schedule to wash your hair at least once every two days. This will help in maintaining moisture levels.
- Use good conditioners to condition your hair after every wash.
- Avoid extreme temperatures as this will reduce the moisture in your scalp.
- Choose the right product. Not everyone has the same hair type. So it is always better to identify your hair needs and design a hair-care schedule accordingly.
- Use home-made or natural remedies and ingredients, as far as possible. But also bear in mind that natural ingredients will not give you instant results. The process will be slower but the best results are guaranteed.
- When you buy any hair-care product, make it a point to check for the ingredients of the product. Ensure that the ingredients are mostly natural or organic.
- Avoid brushing or combing wet hair. Let your hair dry naturally. Let it take its own time.
- Avoid shampooing frequently.
- Healthy diet and plenty of water are one of the keys to good hair.
Soft and healthy hair won’t come to you without putting a little effort. Just like you take care to feed your hunger, it is important to feed and nourish your hair too and this would not really eat up much of your time.
So take out time and make your hair happy!