The best fast way to get rid of smelly hair scalp is by washing the sweat and oils with a shampoo. Home remedies like lemon also help to naturally remove hair odor.
Hair is one of the important beauty factors that gives men and women a flawless look. A good style and shape matters to make a good impression, but sometimes the smell coming from our hair can create a problem. There are several factors that influence the hair to have a bad smell, even minutes after washing.
The cleansing method and food are two of the factors that influence smelly due to sweat or grease from the scalp. When a person has problems with the scalp no matter how many times the hair is washed, an unpleasant smell is always present because excess oil discharge that accumulates on the scalp. Luckily, there are a number of solutions that can help us have a free hair odor and get rid of smelly hair fast. From natural remedies to perfumed sprays mist all the tips are present that will help you remove bad smells permanently.
Although we think that to get rid of smell from hair all you have to do is wash it again, the truth is that here it is because of hormone problem. Therefore, to solve this problem we give you a few tips that will make your hair odor free.
Shampoo for clean hair
With the use a shampoo you can temporarily get rid of smelly hair, but the oils may be back in few hours. However this should always be the first step because the cleansing agents in the shampoos help to wash off the dirt and oil coat over the scalp. For smelly hair, it is recommended that you wash hair everyday and when you find good results switch shampooing hair in alternate days. Finally, add some moisture to prevent further product of oils.
Remember that you use a shampoo that specializes in deep hair cleansing and it is of a good company. Organic shampoos which contain ingredients of natural products are rare in stores, but if you find one. Look for shampoos with extracts of aloe and mint to give a refreshing smell to your hair.
Products that removes hair odor
But besides these shampoos and natural remedies, there is a wide range of perfumed hair sprays that you can just sprinkle on the hair at any time to get rid to smelly hair besides providing. Although at first glance such sprays can be confused with colognes or perfumes, the truth is that both formulas differ greatly. So don’t over use such hair sprays, use sometime when there is excessive odor coming from hair. Try to be out of the sun to further protect your hair from atmospheric aggression and UV rays. Hot temperatures can lead sweating on the scalp which may increase the odor in hair.
Visit a hair specialist
Visiting a dermatologist can benefit you as they can perform some checkups that can help you know the problem behind smelly hair. This doctor can prescribe you some medicinal shampoos and other hair products with which you will be able to remove smelly hair. Certain kind of fungal and bacterial infections on the scalp results in releases of bad odor. The medicines that the dermatologist provides will help you clear any kind of infections. He may also take your blood sample to check certain hormonal imbalances and give you oral supplements to cure them. So finally visiting a doctor is the best way to get rid of smelly hair fast.
Home remedies for smelly hair scalp
At early times there were no cosmetic products and hence people used home remedies to solve their problem. Here are few different and most famous options can treat smelly hair naturally.
- One of the simplest natural remedies to remove the odor of our hair is the use of lemon. This citrus fruit is excellent for removing hair smells so do not hesitate to use its juice after washing your hair with your regular shampoo. Take full lemon juice and add to half cup water, spread and massage it over scalp and finally rinse with cold water to get shiny and very fresh smelling hair.
- Another trick to get rid of the hair odor is to apply an infusion made of chopped rosemary, fresh mint and lemon juice again. To make this infusion must dip all ingredients in hot water, let stand until water is cool, drain and apply on the hair after washing. You can perform this treatment every time you wash your hair, so you get a fresh smell from hair.
- Baking soda has multiple uses in personal hygiene like whitening teeth and also serves as cleanser to wash your hair. One option to clean the hair naturally without many chemicals is a combination of baking soda and vinegar. Baking soda helps to deep cleanse the hair to remove excess fat and impurities in the scalp. Meanwhile vinegar is ideal for replenishing the acidic hair mantle also provides shine and softness.
How to prepare and use:
- To apply this remedy dilute a teaspoon of baking soda in 5 tablespoons of water.
- Spread the mixture all over the scalp and leave for 1-3 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water to remove the leftovers.
- Then you dilute a tablespoon of vinegar (apple cider or white vinegar) in a cup of water and apply the mixture from root to the tips of your hair.
- If you do not like the smell of vinegar can add a little lavender, mint or rosemary oil.
It is advisable to use this mixture on dry hair. Using very often can break the hair, it is not necessary to use baking soda shampoo more than once a week.
- You can also level the scalp pH with the use of tomato. Using it will also clean the oils as well provide a good aroma to the scalp. Blend a few tomatoes in a mixture depending on your hair size and volume. Now remove the juice, go to the bathroom and even spread this juice over the hair. Slowly massage your root of the hair for a few minutes and then give 15 minutes time to work. With warm water rinse your hair properly and then complete this treatment with cold water final rinse. You can use this treatment once or twice a week to stop smelly hair and make them clean.
- Use of aloe vera gel can help you cure smelly hair in various different ways. Since it contains antiseptic characteristics, it may clear the bacteria’s and fungal infections. The cleansing properties in it will clear excess sebum. It also contains extracts that help to control dandruff and oily hair. So this is excellent home remedy for oily hair. Collect aloe gel from two leafs, apply it as a hair mask and leave it for 30 minutes. After rinsing, you hair will become soft, silky and smell free.
Tips to get rid of smelly hair
All the treatments provided above work, but here are some of the basic hair care tips that will protect your hair from bad odor.
- If you have a problem of bad hair odor then wash hair everyday.
- Shampoos containing salicylic acid can help you properly wash the sweat and oils from hair.
- Researches of shown that eating higher amounts of garlic and onion leads to bad odor from the body, hence stop eating it.
- When using a conditioner after shampooing, make sure you apply it on the tips only and not on the roots.
- Don’t comb hair excessively as this can disturb the scalp.
- Wash hair with warm water and at the final wash use cold water. This will help hair to seal some moisture and close the hair follicles.
- Provide hair with massages for a better blood circulation.
- Keep hair protected against heat from the sun, but don’t wear hats or caps because this can make the scalp to sweat.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated.
- If this hair problem is not solved within few days then visiting a doctor is recommended.
These are some of the tips with which your hair will smell good and be beautiful.