Find the best way to get rid of red nose and face fast. Along with these tips you can also try home remedies like honey to naturally remove redness around cheeks and nose.
Red skin on face is the problem that can occur due to any number of reasons starting from some allergic reaction to eating too much spicy food or smoking cigarettes or even large amount of alcohol consumption. I understand why one would like to get rid of red nose as no one likes to look like a clown or Rudolph with a red nose. Red nose can also occur if you have had a cold recently or due to environmental elements like cold temperature, sunlight, or even strong winds, in any case, if one wants to remove redness around nose then here are some ways which can help you to do the same.
Prevent redness of skin
Protection from environment means to protect your skin from anything and everything around you including yourself. You may not notice it, but on an average a person touches his/her nose at least 500 times a day and more in winter and secondly the sun has more affect on your nose then the rest of your facial skin. Things like these are the reasons a person can get a red nose and red skin and to be prepared to tackle these kinds of things one can follow the given steps.
- Cold Climate: When a person is in cold climate then he/she may have a red nose because when you breathe in cold temperature, cold air touches your nose more than anywhere else on your face and hence the red nose and sometimes even worse red nose with red skin. To protect your nose from getting red one can cover it with mask or some soft scarf. Also cover your face with scarf as it will help you avoid red skin.
- Exposure to Sun or Heat: Long exposure to sun or any kind of heat for that matter changes your nose to turn red. But this happens only if your face is exposed to very hot temperature for quite some time. And to avoid prolonged exposure one must cover their face when going out by wearing a cap, some sunglasses and if necessary cover your face and splash cold water on your face from time to time to balance out the heat.
- Health Problems: Health problems that can cause redness of nose and skin are acne problems, allergies and even simple cold. One can never be too cautious in this kind of things.
- Acne Problems: Acne problems starting from big pores to pimples anything can cause your skin to turn red. One needs to be careful when dealing with these things. Only take medications that are prescribed by a doctor or a specialist, sometimes natural remedies helps too. Never scratch or pick your pimple because it will leave an open pore and which will cause blackhead and if not then there is going to be itching and redness of skin.
- Allergies: Some allergies can cause you to swell up, redness of skin, foggy mouth. To prevent this things from happening one must avoid the things they are allergic too at all cost and just for safety always carry the anti allergy medicine that is prescribed to you from doctor. Some allergies if not treated immediately can cause death too, so you can never be too safe from allergies so carrying an extra medicine should not be a problem.
- Simple cold or fever: Simple cold can even cause red nose as we sneeze a lot during this cold. And because we sneeze a lot we rub our nose with tissue or handkerchief a lot too and that is what causes the redness of nose on the underlying skin. To avoid that, one must use soft flannel hankies instead of tissues because believe it or not tissue contains some chemicals which do not react well with the skin of your nose when rubbed repeatedly. One can even apply Vaseline on your nose to avoid the dry skin flakes from happening but if you have acne problems then Vaseline on skin will make it worse instead use some other moisturizer.
Anti Redness Diet
- No spicy food: Some people really like spicy food and if you are one of them and you have red skin and nose than you should probably cut back on your spicy food.
- No alcohol and cigarettes: Everyone knows that alcohol and cigarettes are bad for a human being it’s even written on them itself then too we like to drink and smoke but if you really want to get rid of your red nose and skin condition then you have to consider cutting down on your drinking and smoking habits. Alcohol makes the skin dehydrated and increases its vulnerability to pore clogging as it takes away the moisture from the skin. Excess amount of alcohol consumption also leaves your blood vessels more vulnerable for rupturing and when that happens the blood coming from them go directly to your skin surface and makes your nose appear reddened. Cigarettes on the other hand are not only dehydrating your skin but also exposing your body to more toxins. Hence, avoiding cigarettes and alcohol may help you get rid of red nose and cheeks.
- Drink lots of Water: Water is the basic necessity for healthy skin. As I explained in the previous step how dehydration due to alcohol or cigarette is causing harm so to prevent that one must drink lots of water or fluids for that matter. But avoid any drinks that are hot in temperature as it can cause more harm than good.
- Cooling food: Eat lots of cooling food such as apple, celery, coconut, water-melon, papaya, spinach, etc which are good for your body and helps maintain the internal temperature of your body.
Treatments for red nose
For prescribed treatments one must consider going to a dermatologist to consult over the current condition but this should only be done if every other method is exhausted. The visit to dermatologist or skin specialist can cost a fortune, but it is the best way to get rid of red nose and cheeks. Normally they prescribe some anti-redness cream which can decrease redness of nose and skin or a skin moisturizer but in extreme conditions they prescribe anti redness cream and medicinal tablets so as to increase the moisture from inside and outside of the body.
Home remedies for red nose and face
Natural treatments, includes some home remedies that has been known to help with the redness of nose and skin condition. This treatment can be costly or very cheap depending upon which one works for you.
- Natural Oils: Natural oils like almond oil, coconut oil, olive are very good for skin. These oils help to provide moisture to the skin as they have anti-inflammatory properties and vitamin-E.
- One can use any one of this oil or mix all of them.
- Apply this oil or mixture of oil on the reddened areas. This might help to remove the redness from the skin of your nose and cheeks.
- Then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Milk Cream: Milk is known to be good for skin as it contains alpha hydroxy acid which washes out the dead skin cells. Milk also contains vitamins and minerals which can help to soothe the redness nose.
- Make a mixture of milk cream and add some rose water to it.
- Apply this mixture in the form of mask on your face.
- Allow this mask to dry for some time and when it feels dry then rinse it off with cold water.
- Aloe Vera Mask: Aloe Vera gel is known to be good for human skin and hair. IT contains anti-microbial and cleansing properties. Aloe Vera is normally applied on sun burns and cuts due to its healing nature which can also help you to get rid of red nose.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it and remove some gel or just buy some Aloe Vera gel from the store.
- Apply this gel on the reddened areas before going to sleep.
- When you wake up, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Follow these steps for one week and you will be able to see the changes in your skin condition.
- Honey Mask: Honey is anti-septic in nature and it also provides moisture to the skin. When applied it feels a little cold which relieves and cures red nose.
- Take some honey in a bowl.
- Apply it on your face just as you would a facemask.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse it off with some lukewarm water.
- Do this daily and you will be able to see the difference in your skin in a week or so.
- Ice Cubes: Ice cubes are easily found in every home and it is very easy to use as well. Due to cold nature of ice it is very effective to treat red nose and face due to sun burns.
- Take 2-3 ice cubes and wrap it into a clean piece of cloth.
- Gently massage these ice cubes on your nose and cheeks to get relief from redness and inflammation.
Natural treatment can be chosen based on which ingredients are easily available for one at home. It is one of the best ways to treat redness of nose and skin.
Tips to remove redness around nose
- Protect your skin from sun and cold wind by wearing a scarf.
- Avoid eating extra spicy food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol to minimum.
- Drink lots of water.
- Use hankie flannel instead of tissues for wiping the nose after sneezing.
- Do not pick blackhead and acne as it might cause more irritation.
- To remove redness, use a dab of green concealer as green cancels red followed by a skin-toning foundation.
- Use prescribed anti redness cream and/or medicine only.