Find the best way to get rid of razor burns fast on face, legs, neck etc. with these tips and quick home remedies to naturally cure shaving bumps overnight.
Razor burn typically is a skin discomfort or a rash that takes place shortly after a spot of the skin ends up being shaved with a razor. It could actually show up in the form of a red rash which in addition results in a burning and itching like discomfort. Many a time, it results in being inflamed, itchy as well as painful too.
Shaving rashes are extremely frequent with guys who trim down their faces on a regular basis with razors. Women might also end up with razor burns in the event they shave hair from their legs, underarms, bikini area etc.
Make an effort to understand that when you happen to be making use of razor blade, is your skin type highly sensitive to such tools. It is more than just shaving every bit of your hair because in addition the blades also scratch a lot of skin. That is the reason you will experience some kind of irritation. In some cases you will discover that after utilizing razor a lot of individuals don’t feel any irritation while other people experiences awful pain and inflammation. It is actually for the reason that skin type may differ from one person to another.
Home remedies to get rid of razor burns
Although with some precautions and the tips below these bumps and rashes are cured, but if you are experiencing inflammation and severe itch then use these home remedies. These natural treatments will provide you relief from these irritation and help in curing them fast.
- Use Cold Compress:
One of the best way to get rid of razor burns overnight is to utilize and treat it with cold compress. Application of this home treatment will soothe the itchiness and burning sensation. Apart from this, it will reduce the redness of skin due to these rashes. To prepare this cold compress add 3-5 ice cubes in a thin piece of cloth and use it on the areas with shaving bumps. Another way is to dip a piece of cotton cloth in very cold water and keep it over the affected area. With 5 minutes of application whenever there is irritation, this remedy will provide you relief from these uneasy razor burns.
- Cold Cucumbers:
Another great natural remedy that will help you get quick relief from razor burn. First you take 2-3 cucumbers and place it in your refrigerator. Once they are cool, you can cut them into round pieces and keep it over the shaving rashes. Let it work for 10 minutes and then remove and again wash that area with cold water. This will provide you a great relaxation from the inflammation and itching you have been experiencing all day.
- Aloe Vera:
This is one of the best and most effective treatments to get rid of razor burns naturally. The gel of aloe has cooling properties plus it is antiseptic which kill the germs around your rashes and thus heals them quickly. Using this home remedy will protect your wounds from infections and will cool down the inflammation and irritation of these shaving rashes. You just need to take one leaf, give it a cut and use this gel over the red bumps for 15 minutes. You can use this natural remedy daily until your skin is completely healed.
- Tea Tree Oil:
Simply applying the tea tree oil over your cuts and rashes can help you lot in reducing the pain and inflammation. The reason for this is the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristic of this natural remedy. When the oil is applied over the razor burns, it quickly starts working to provide you relief from the irritation and itchiness and in sometime you will get relief. Once you apply this oil on the shaving rash, keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it using cold water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
Once you apply vinegar on your skin, it will leave a cooling sensation and will evaporate soon. Vinegar is totally safe to be used on the rashes and it will also prevent any kind of infections. This will treat razor burns quickly and the itchiness and burning sensation will not last for more than 5 minutes. Add one spoon of vinegar two spoons of water and using cotton apply it over all the affected areas. Now leave for 10 minutes and then using cold water properly rinse your skin.
- Tea Bags:
The tannic acid in the black tea bags work great in reducing the burning red rashes. Use this to treat your razor burns and within a few applications you will see positive results. First you have to take used tea bags and then cool it in the refrigerator. Once cool place it over your rashes and then again rinse with cold water. Repeat it every time you feel extreme inflammation and itching.
- Witch Hazel:
This home remedy is used to counter a variety of skin problems and it can also be used for the treatment of razor burn. Like aloe gel, witch hazel also has soothing and bacterial killing properties which is effective to cure razor burns. You can take a few drops and spread it over your shaved skin with rashes. In order to prevent such skin condition, the next time your shaving is complete, immediately apply witch hazel. This will moisturize your skin and at the same time soothe the cuts and rashes after shaving.
Tips to cure razor burn
- Provide your skin with time and energy to repair. After application of razor on your skin, make it possible to provide healing time to your body to rejuvenate and cure the rashes. If you are using the razor on skin repeatedly, then it will most likely not secure a chance to repair and heal. Therefore to get rid of razor burns overnight and to prevent them, be careful and aim to use a razor more wisely. Think about implementing a razor and shave your hair after a gap of 5 days.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your razor. Don’t work with unclean and unwashed razor on your face, hands, feet and private areas, else your body will probably be vulnerable to shaving rash and considering that you happen to be currently experiencing razor burn, its situation might deteriorate further.
- Work with sharp bladed razor. Don’t work with a razor with non sharpened blade to prevent shaving rash or razor bumps.
- Apply a shaving gel first. Take advantage of such creams gel or cream to reduce the friction and make the shaving easier. After making use of shaving gel wait around for 2 minutes, after which you can start with smaller and healthy strokes to protect against the razor shaving rash.
- Once the shaving is complete, use cold water on the shaved areas. After clearing the hairs with razor, splash the region with cold water to close the pores and to get a cure for flaming and itchy skin.
- Stick to a healthy routine. As you are shaving, attempt to stick to your hair cutting pattern. In no way make an attempt to shave down again and again the already shaved area, as it can certainly be a catalyst for razor bumps.
- Once you have got these rashes on your legs and hands, it is best to wear loose clothes so that there is no more irritation and this simple tip will also help you to get rid of razor burns fast.
- It is also recommended that to treat and remove razor burns quickly wear loose cotton clothes. Avoid clothes made up of synthetic fiber as it can cause more irritation. If your rashes are in the bikini area then try to wear cotton under garments, until they are treated and gone.
These were some prevention tips and home remedies that will help you to get rid of razor bumps fast.