Use the best shampoo and consult a doctor to get rid of itchy scalp and dandruff fast. Use home remedies to naturally cure any infections and stop itching.
When there is itching on the scalp it is unbearable and obviously not make it worse, you should not scratch. It is easy to say, but difficult to not scratch the itch. Today I share some of the shampoos, treatments and home remedies to get rid of itchy scalp. Homemade recipes also help to treat unbearable itching effectively. In addition, this trick will help balance the scalp PH and control dandruff.
Causes of itchy scalp
- Allergic reactions or infections of the scalp can make the make the scalp itchy.
- The side-effects of the chemicals in shampoos, dyes, conditioners, gels, drugs etc. are common causes of itchy scalp. It will not happen at the first contact with the product, it can happen after a few uses. Sensitizing substances like sulfates, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide and other chemicals causes hair to itch.
- One of the biggest problems hair face is caused by chemicals, environmental pollution and the heat generated by the dryers or irons.
- Lice is another cause of irritation on the scalp.
- Unwashed hair with lots of dandruff and environmental impurities settled on scalp can also causes discomfort.
Best shampoo for itchy scalp
Depending on the cause of the irritation on scalp, select a shampoo and use it for the treatment. Suppose if you hair contains excessive dandruff then using a good anti-dandruff shampoo will remove these impurities and cure itchy scalp. In the same manner if your hair contains lice then you can use a medicinal shampoo that helps to get rid of lice from hair. Also there are shampoos to cure fungal infections in the hair. Hence knowing the cause becomes very important to use the right shampoo to cure the discomfort of the scalp. Extreme dry hair is also a reason for itchiness, in this case use less chemical shampoos for cleaning hair followed by a hair nourishing conditioner.
Ask your doctor
This is one of the best ways to cure and get rid of itchy scalp and infections. A doctor can perform some tests, check up the condition of hair and thus prescribe you with the right shampoos, drugs and other hair products that can soothe the itch. If you delay the treatment then the problem can become severe and thus lead to heavy hair loss and lead to bald spots. Hence, visit a doctor to immediately treat any kind of allergies and infection on the scalp. Home remedies work in some cases, but it is very much advisable to visit a specialist to prevent your condition from worsening.
Natural treatments for itchy scalp
Here are some of the home remedies that have been used since long to cure the itchiness of the scalp. However we strongly recommend to consult a doctor if you are experience a severe itch.
- Olive oil: This natural oil moisturizes your hair naturally so place a generous amount of oil in your hair and cover with a cap. This treatment gives you scalp moisture and creates a healthy hair growth. This is one of the effective way to remove itchy scalp due to extreme dry hair. Wash this oily hair after 30 minutes with a mild shampoo.
- Aloe vera: This plant is known to be beneficial in various treatments, especially for the for your hair as it helps you to keep it strong, shiny and healthy. Antiseptic properties of this gel make it an ideal choice to soothe the irritation and itch in hair. To use aloe vera cut it into pieces and leave in water overnight. The next day wash your hair with this water. This gel gets mixed with the water and this water wash clears infections on the scalp.
- Neem: Leaves of neem too contain antiseptic properties that are great for curing fungal infection in the hair that may be a cause of discomfort. This leaves also include oils which hydrate the scalp. Add some neem leaves in a bowl of water, boil it for 10 minutes and leave it overnight. Use this water in the morning to get relief from this problem.
- Vinegar: The healing properties present in vinegar works great to naturally manage and balance the pH level of the scalp. It also helps to kill the bacteria’s and make hair health and free from irritation. Take a spray bottle and fill it with equal quantities of water and apple cider vinegar. Shake it well and now spray this vinegar water on hair. It also works in restoration of the lost moisture on scalp. Finally with cold water give your hair a rinse to remove all vinegar residues.
- Onion: Onion acts in the hair follicles of the scalp promoting greater blood circulation. Chop an onion and add it to your shampoo. Let stand for 15 days and then use it normally. This also speeds up the hair growth and gives a lot of shine.
- Egg whites: The egg is a source of protein for the hair. Beat 2 egg whites, add one lemon juice and curd to it. Apply them on your hair. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse your hair as usual. This is a pure hair nourishment remedy and with the infusion of lemon it also clears excess oils and dandruff over the scalp.
- Baking soda: Take a full spoon of baking soda to one glass of water and empty this water evenly over the scalp. Give a minute massage and then let it stay for 10 minutes to work. Later wash it with cold water.
- Honey : It is a natural hair conditioner with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which can cure itchy scalp with few applications. All you require is five spoons of honey and a little water, mix them and it is ready for use. Wash hair with shampoo and rinse with water. Apply this homemade hair conditioner and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Rinse with water. Repeat this process every time you wash your head.
This remedy will help you permanently fix the itchiness on the scalp plus it will leave soft and shiny hair.
Tips to cure itchy scalp fast
- Lice are insects of less than 4 mm and elongated brown. They feed on human blood (so biting the head), do not fly or jump, just walk which leads to itchiness. Hence use a lice killing shampoo immediately.
- Never share combs, hats, scarves, towels, helmets, , pins, or anything that put you right in the head.
- Controlling hands from scratching will be difficult, but try to control yourself.
- Clean your combs and brushes frequently. It’s super easy, you just dip them in soap and water for 15 minutes.
- Use a shampoo depending upon the cause behind the itchiness.
- Avoid using any product that contains alcohol.
- Remember that before the itching has reaches its extreme you should visit a doctor for a proper checkup.
Here were some of the best treatments for itchy scalp will give you relief from irritation within a few days.