Find the best ways to get rid of dry skin on face fast. To naturally treat really rough flaky skin around nose or face, use home remedies like milk and olive oil.
Majority of people experience skin problems at least once in their life. Dry skin problem particularly can be caused due to multiple reasons such as genetics, excessive bathing or even from environmental conditions. It can occur on any part of your body but mostly it occurs on your face as it is very sensitive and it dries out quicker than the rest of your body skin. But if you have dry skin then there is no need to worry because there are lots of thing a person can do to get rid of dry skin on face and to prevent it from happening again. Getting rid of the dry skin can be done in three parts, first is to remove dry skin, second maintain healthy skin and third to prevent dry skin. In this article, I will explain you how to fight against dry skin in day to day life.
Removal of dry skin
Removal of dry skin is very important step and it can be accomplished by the exfoliating process. Exfoliation means removing old dead skin cells which will then be replaced with new fresh and moist skin cells. In the case of dry skin, one should exfoliate very carefully because if not done properly it can cause more harm than good. So here are some important tips one must take into account when dealing with exfoliating on dry skin.
- One must exfoliate as gently as possible, because exfoliating too roughly can cause damage to the outer layer of the skin and make the condition even worse.
- Avoid using facial scrub or body scrub instead use loofah, baby washcloth, exfoliating gloves or a dry skin brush to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Splash your face with a bit of water and massage it in circular motion with loofah in order to properly exfoliate your dry skin.
- Always remember to moisturize your skin immediately after exfoliating to close the open pore or it might damage your skin.
The above step by step lessons will help you get rid of dry skin on face, hands and feet and make it soft and silky.
Foods to cure dry skin
Once the dry skin is removed from your body the next important part is to maintain the new fresh skin as smooth as it is. Maintaining skin is an everyday job just like brushing your teeth, you have to moisturize your skin everyday too. But moisturizing your skin needs to be done both ways that is from inside and outside. So, here are some tips on how to moisturize your dry skin in everyday life.
Moisturizing your skin from the inside means to have a healthy diet and to provide your skin with the necessary nutrients that it needs to maintain your skin.
- Water: Water is human body’s major component in fact it accounts for 60% of human body. This water is contained inside cells and just like any other cells skin cells also needs water to live. In case of dry skin water nourishes your skin and keeps you hydrated. To maintain healthy skin one must drink at least 2 liters of water every day.
- Fruits and vegetables: Dry skin can also be caused due to improper diet, so one must consider maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. A balance diet will help provide your skin with the vitamins and nutrients that the body needs. One must include fruits and vegetable with high water content such as watermelon, tomatoes, broccoli as it is good for hydration. For a balanced diet it should contain 2 parts of green vegetables and 2 parts of seasonal fruits daily.
- Eat Fats: Eat Fats doesn’t mean you can eat any food that contains fat. One must only eat good types of fat as it can help improve your health by increasing blood flow and delivering nutrients to all body cells including skin cells. So, one must include peanut butter, olives and avocados in diet as it contains mono-unsaturated fat and salmon, tofu, walnut as it contains polyunsaturated fats.
- Supplements: Supplements are easy and very effective way to get essential nutrients and vitamins required for maintaining healthy and hydrated skin. An increase in vitamin E intake is good for skin as it is an antioxidant which repairs and protects skin. Fish oil supplement is considered very effective in the case of dry skin.
Home remedies for dry skin
Maintaining your skin from the outside means to moisturize your skin as much as possible and it takes more effort than from the inside because you have to protect your skin from sun, dirt, pollution, etc and in doing so you have to make sure that you do not cause any more damage to the skin.
- Oils: Natural oils are best home remedies for dry skin. Oils such as almond oil, coconut oil and olive oil are rich in healthy fatty acids and hence are good for dry skin.
- One should apply a thin layer of lukewarm oil on the entire body or only on the dry part just 30 minutes before taking a shower.
- Massage the oil properly and then take a shower.
- Always remember to apply light moisturizer after shower.
- The oil will help smooth the skin and the after shower moisturizer will help to regain the moisture lost due to shower.
- Do this once every day to get a nice smooth skin.
- Milk: The lactic acid in the milk helps exfoliating the dead skin cells and due to high fat content of milk it is good for moisturization and it also helps to lighten your complexion.
- Pour little whole fat milk in a cup, you can add a few drops of rose water and lemon juice if you like. Stir the solution properly.
- Soak a soft washcloth in the milk solution and then massage it on your dry skin slowly. Let it be for five to ten minutes.
- Soak another washcloth in lukewarm or cold water and then gently wash off the milk solution.
- This way the moisturizer will remain on your skin and it will make your skin smooth and soft.
- Do this at least once every day.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the best natural remedies known for skin. It helps to get rid of dry and irritating skin and it acts as a natural hydrating agent.
- Break an Aloe Vera leaf and then remove the gel by squeezing the leaf.
- Rub the gel all over the dry skin and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off properly with lukewarm water.
- One must do this twice every day and for face one can also use Aloe Vera mask twice a week.
- Avocado: Avocado can be used both ways from the inside and outside to help moisturize your skin. It contains fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants which are all good for skin.
- Make a smooth paste from the half of a ripe avocado and add half cup of honey in it. One can also add teaspoon of milk or yogurt if necessary. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse it off with cold water. Do not use this process more than twice a week.
- Make a smooth paste of an avocado pulp and rub it all over your dry skin. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat this once every day.
- A glass of fresh avocado juice will certainly increase your healthy fats intake and further help you to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Ice Cubes: The easiest way to handle dry and itchy skin is to use ice cubes because it helps you with itchiness on your skin and ice cubes increases the blood circulation in your face due to its cold nature.
- Take a cube of ice and rub it on your dry skin in a circular motion. This will feel cold but will help you with the itchy skin.
- As ice cube is cold the brain sends more blood in the cold part of the body to prevent damage and as a result blood circulation in that part increases which in turns leads to healthy skin.
- Also ice cube provides you moisture on the surface of the skin as it turns to water.
Maintaining healthy skin is to take all the precautionary measures to prevent dry skin and to continue having a smooth and glowing skin.
Tips to get rid of dry skin
Removal of dry skin and maintaining healthy skin are very important steps but some time we make mistake and to prevent you from making some of the common mistakes here are some valuable pointers.
- Avoid long shower or bath because it may dry out your skin. And in order to avoid dryness one must limit bathing to just one time a day. One must also avoid steaming or washing face too often for the same reason.
- Avoid salty and fried foods as it dehydrate the body which in turns leads to dry skin and lot of other problems.
- Smoking is a bad habit as we all know it but for some reason we ignore it. But if a person wants healthy skin then he/she must quit smoking or it will cause dry skin. So you will not only die because of cancer but you will die with dry skin on your cancerous body.
- We all know that excess of alcohol can cause liver failure but it also dehydrates the skin so one must limit the intake of alcohol. Because it decreases the body’s ability to absorb fluids which in turns leads to loss of water, electrolytes and minerals. If you really like to drink than you should have a glass of water between drinks and stay properly hydrated.
- Moisturize everyday to avoid dry skin. Most people follow this till they get rid of dry skin but they are wrong to do so because when stopped dry skin have a chance to reappear and you will have to start from the beginning again.
- Wear sunscreen lotion to avoid getting bad affects from the sun.
- Cover your body as much as you can because you don’t know what particle can cause your skin harm.
Skin is the most important part of your body as it is the only part that is seen from the outside and even though people say you have to love a person for their character but it never harm if that character is covered with beautiful, soft and smooth skin. So follow the steps given above and have healthy and beautiful skin for the rest of your life.