The best way to get rid of dandruff permanently overnight is by using an anti dandruff shampoo. For removing it fast naturally use home remedies like lemon, baking soda, vinegar and eggs.
The presence of dandruff affects people of all ages and can convey a bad image, for example white flakes fallen all our shoulders could be embarrassing. Even sufferers may be the subject of jokes. The presence of dandruff can also precede or accompany the natural phase of hair and can lead to degradation in both quality and composition.
This dermatological disorder effects to more than half of men and one third of European women. A really high incidence for a more complex problem than it appears. People who have this hair problem desperately seek solutions to cure it. We will provide you with the tips which will help you get rid of dandruff permanently.
Causes of dandruff
Some dandruff symptoms may be due to changes in the skin barrier leading to an altered hydration, maturation and differentiation of atypical keratinocytes, the predominant cells in the outermost layer of the skin. Also dandruff is triggered by hormonal disorders, genetic defects in the skin barrier, stress, excessive use of hair products, UV radiation or excessive sebum production. One cause of dandruff is stress. Other causes are seborrheic dermatitis and over-activity of the glands that produce fat. It is believed that dandruff may be caused by a fungus called Pityrosporum orbiculare that feeds on skin oils.
In the dermatology books the main culprits of dandruff may be stress, excessive sweating, dyes, hair washing with aggressive or inappropriate shampoos, rinses poorly made, exaggerated massage and continued use of caps, hats or motorbike helmet.
Which is your type
Dandruff appears as white flakes on the scalp of different thickness that adhere to the hair and while brushing they fall on the shoulders. The presence of itching in this condition can become intense and really uncomfortable. According to the dermatologists, there are two types of dandruff and must be fought in different ways.
- Oily dandruff: typical of an oily scalp, its particles are thick, fat and yellow and are attached to the scalp.
- Dry dandruff: lack of nutrition of a dry scalp makes your dead cells transformed into thin, white or gray flakes that fall easily on the neck and shoulders.
Also it influences certain seasons and personal situations. The process of appearance of dandruff occurs due to abnormal activation of cells of the scalp which have a growth process faster than usual renewal. It is important to get rid of dandruff, else various scalp infections could be the final result.
Wash hair two or three times a week help in preventing dandruff. The use of a dandruff shampoo is very effective but you it is important that you don’t use it everyday. Since you want to clear the impurities from scalp use warm water and rinse hair each day. Using a shampoo for washing hair is very important, but use it just 2 times a week for the reason that the harsh chemicals the shampoo contain for removing dandruff puts a lots of stress on hair. This may lead to an increase in hair fall as well as hair graying.
Use the best dandruff removing shampoo
Use of an anti-dandruff shampoo helps in keeping a control over the dandruff in hairs. If you overuse them then you will suffer, but if you use it in limit (2-3 times in 7 days) then this might help you to get rid of dandruff fast. If you have dandruff problem along with itching then buy an antifungal shampoo. The ingredients contained by shampoos include azoles, hydroxypyridones, salicylic acid, selenium-sulfide etc.
To use these shampoos, first wet your hair with warm water, take the shampoo in your hands and apply it to every corner of your scalp. Move your fingers all over hair for 2 minutes and then wash the shampoo off. This will clear the dandruff, but these flakes may come back. If you think that your dandruff problem is not normal then quickly visit a hair specialist.
Visiting a salon can be a effective solution to get rid of dandruff. This is because the beauticians there have seen many people having flake problem and know how to solve it. There with the anti-dandruff shampoo hair washes your hair will become clean. Some of these salons also sell products which you can try to eliminate this problem. This can purify your scalp and get rid of the embarrassing situation of dandruff on your shoulders.
Visit a hair doctor
Consulting a dermatologist is the best way to remove dandruff from your scalp. This specialist will examine your scalp and check for any possible infections and then treat it. They can prescribe you with the right products which you weren’t aware and maybe these products may solve your problem. I always advise people that if your condition is not controllable than the right option can be to treat it with a doctor.
Home remedies to remove dandruff
Many natural remedies exist to clear dandruff, but it is best to go to a specialist and he determines the type of treatment for dandruff and ideal product.
Whether for whatever reason, dandruff is a cosmetic problem that can affect the security, confidence, self esteem and social life of the people. That’s why you are seeking effective and easy solution to this condition. These are some of the most effective home remedies that can help you to get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus oil can combat the fungus that causes dandruff. Simply add some drops of eucalyptus oil to hair, massage for 2 minutes and then shampoo and wash as usual.
- Rosemary: Rosemary attacks the bacteria and fungus. In a cup of boiling water add a teaspoon of crushed rosemary. Wait a few minutes and strain. Apply once daily.
Lotion rosemary and thyme: 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1/2 liter of water. Boil water and add the rosemary. Leave on heat for five minutes and remove. Add the thyme. Let stand for 15 minutes and strain. Apply it to dry hair and do rinse after sometime.
- Baking soda: This homemade recipe to remove dandruff is very easy. As you hear, baking powder can say goodbye to dandruff! How to do it? Damp hair put the powder directly into the scalp, leave for 20 minutes and then wash with shampoo as usual. What this powder does is it kill bacteria and stimulate the pores to produce the natural moisture for the scalp. You can also use baking soda with this technique. Add a few teaspoons of baking soda in a bowl of water and rinse after shampooing.
- Vinegar: It is used to balance the pH of the scalp and remove dandruff. You should mix two tablespoons of vinegar and half a cup of warm water. Wash hair as usual and rinse with this tonic, stand 5 minutes then remove with warm water. Mix five tablespoons of vinegar to half cup of water and apply it on the scalp before bedtime. Wrap your head with a plastic and leave it on all 20 minutes and then wash it. This natural remedy should be used two times a week.
- Aloe Vera: Did you know that aloe vera is helpful to fight dandruff? Spray the aloe gel on the scalp and massage it. Let stand the mixture on your scalp for 10 minutes. Regular use of this gel before shampooing prevents the increase of dandruff. The best part about aloe vera is that it can be used to remove both dry and oily dandruff. It has dual powers such as cleansing properties as well as anti-bacterial properties which can help you to get rid of dandruff permanently.
- Lemon: Another home remedy which is the best to clear oily dandruff hair is to use lime water lotion. Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice and a cup of water. Massage the scalp with this solution for sometime. After the massage, wait for 10 minutes then rinse and see the results. If you have dry dandruff then avoid lemon as it will further dry your hair.
- Honey: Honey is a great remedy to get rid of dandruff, especially if your scalp is dry. All you have to do is get 10 spoons of honey add few lemon drops and stir. This mixture can be applied directly to the scalp and after 20 minutes you wash your hair as usual. This will clear dandruff, moisturize, regenerate and heal your scalp from any kind of infections.
- Neem: It helps eliminate dandruff and bacteria because neem oil has antiseptic properties that also attacks the fungus called Pityrosporum Ovale whose excess growing on skin of the head can cause dandruff. What you need to do is grind some neem leaves and add it to the water. Washing hair with this water can remove dandruff of both oily as well as dry types.
- Eggs: Making a mask prepared by mixture of eggs and curd can be a very powerful anti-dandruff natural mask. Using it just once a week will clean the dead skin cells and excess sebum and the nutrients of eggs will make hair soft and nourished.
Tips to prevent dandruff
- Always apply anti-dandruff shampoo specific formula adequate to combat its appearance, relieve irritation, sanitize and balance the pH of the scalp.
- Avoid touching your hair continuously or combing at all hours. This habit can disturb the scalp oils and the bacteria on hands can enter the scalp.
- Keep a good hair cut that does not require many adjustments so as to avoid subjecting to mechanical and thermal actions or brushing or heat.
- Stress can aggravate this condition by the cortisol hormone produced by it. Not only dandruff, but stress can also lead to hair loss problems.
So with some of these treatments you will surely get the cure for dandruff. After clearing the impurities, follow the precautions to prevent dandruff from coming back.