The best way to get rid of clogged pores on nose, face, or forehead fast is to use either products that unclog pores or home remedies like lemon, sugar or honey. There are no overnight treatments, but if you repeat it every week then within few days this skin problem will be permanently fixed.
Clogged pores often pose a threat to the beauty of an individual because the locking of impurities under skin can lead to acne and it also makes the skin look dull. This situation often occurs with people which have a greasy skin type and also with those who take less interest in deep skin cleansing. In this post I have mentioned all the different skin cleansing products along with the home remedies that can be used to clean and clear the oils, dirt and dead skin cell layer from top of your face and make it glow.
Before starting the treatments pay attention to the products you will be using for unclogging skin pores. If your skin falls in the category of oily type then my recommendation for you is to make use of oil free moisturizers. With such moisturizers you will quickly hydrate your skin after cleansing and at the same time it will prevent pores from clogging. Also the scrubs which you will be using for deep skin cleansing should contain more natural extracts because some of the scrubs can damage skin.
The last thing you should avoid is squeezing and popping the dirt filled pores. This is because although with this technique you will clear your skin, but finally there is a possibility that the pores may enlarge. Hence to avoid any risks refrain from this solution to clear pores.
Steps to get rid of clogged pores on nose
- Begin with steaming: This is a very old skin cleansing technique where you pass hot vapors to your face. The main idea here is to loosen up the skin pores so that the cleaning of the dirt filled pores becomes quick and effective. You can use a steamer which quickly produces lots of steam and can be adjusted to any part of the face. Add water to a steamer and switch it on, let this steam make contact with your face for 10 minutes and then go to the next step. Another advantage you will notice after steaming is that the dead cells and other pollutants on the skin become soft and using a scrub on it will detoxify skin washing off all the dirt and helping you to get rid of clogged pores.
There are various different brands of steamers available in the market. This unlocking of pores will become powerful only with the use of such steamers. On every Sunday I simple do the steaming treatment for my skin. After continuing this process for 10 minutes, I take cotton and wipe it over my face and this cotton piece often turns brown because of the dirt.
- Scrubbing: With steaming all the dirt on the tops of your skin will be cleared and your pores will dirt-free. However to clear the dirt which is clogged in skin pores you will require the help of a good scrub. These products include various acids as their ingredient as well as some natural extracts for making skin pure. Some of these acids are glycolic acid, salicylic acid and alpha hydroxyl acids. Also benzoyl peroxide is being utilized in these products because of is ability to prevent acne.
After steaming, you can use a good scrub that specializes in unclogging and washing the deep skin contaminants. Apply it to your face and start rubbing it with your hands especially near the nose and over cheeks. Do this for 2 minutes and then using cold water wash off everything. Make use of cold water because since steaming has opened up your pores using cold water will close it. Finally your skin pores will be clean and unclogged from all the impurities. The use of a scrub should be limited to once a week because with these products skin loses all its moisture and tend to become dry.
- Now apply a moisturizer: The use a moisturizer is very important for keeping skin away from problems. Whenever you wash your face, scrub or steam after completing and drying coat a layer of moisture. Since you have a problem of clogged pores, my recommendation for you is to use a non-comedogenic moisturizer for the fact that these products have the ability to hydrate skin with clogging pores.
The time when skin becomes dry, within 30 minutes it will again become oily because of the sebum produced by the body. For moisturizing dry skin the sebum is passed on to the top of the skin which not only clogs pores, but also makes the surface oily. Hence to prevent these oils from coming to the top, use a oil free moisturizer in advance so that the body does not need to release the more oils.
- Facial masks: After completing the steaming technique you can also make use of the skin cleansing masks to remove clogged pores. Use either a fruit facial mask, apricot masks or mud masks. With the use of masks on face the excess oils and pollutants get stick to it and skin becomes clean. Just make sure the eyes are protected when using such products. These products contain certain acids which in contact with eyes. First apply this mask all over the face leavening the eye region and let this mask dry. Use cold water to remove this mask. With this mask all the skin impurities will be cleared from the skin. This is an excellent ancient technique for unclogging and cleaning skin.
- Use other skin care products: There are certain products which you can utilize for your pore cleansing. To make the step of exfoliation more powerful using a soft brush can be a good option. Once you have applied the scrub instead of rubbing your hands on face you can use this brush. Other good product which can be utilized in this case is pore cleansing strips. First carry the step of steaming, pat dry your face with towel and then use this strips on nose to permanently get rid of all the skin contaminants like blackheads and dead skin cells.
- Visit parlor: If you have a little budget then you can visit a parlor for a professional deep cleansing to unclogged pores. At parlors although the prices are high, but the products they use are good and from steaming to exfoliation and motorization everything will be done there. A good advantage of visiting a parlor is they have a variety of products and based on your condition and skin type they provide the best service. If money is not a problem then these professional beauty experts can help you instantly get rid of clogged pores on your face.
- An appointment with dermatologist: At times it becomes very difficult to control acne, blackheads or whiteheads and even after performing all the treatments and home remedies nothing works. Going to a skin specialist can help you understand the root cause of your problem and accordingly the doctor will treat it. The most common reasons for clogged pores are excess oils, peeling skin or not rinsing face everyday. Visiting a doctor can help you get the right prescription of medicines and skin products.
Home Remedies to get rid of clogged pores on face
Pore clogging often leads to pimples. Although cosmetic products show better results than home remedies, but if you are out of money then try some of these natural solution to fix your skin problem.
- A Mask made from eggs: One of the best natural solutions used for rinsing the impurities from skin as well as making the pores tighter is by making use of eggs. Egg masks are also used to tighten loose skin and remove facial wrinkles. So to prepare this remedy you must have two eggs, a little aloe vera and milk or yogurt. Aloe Vera because of it antiseptic properties to prevent infections and milk for the lactic acid it contains for exfoliating skin.
Instructions to prepare this remedy:
- Break two eggs and add the white portion to a bowl.
- Add aloe vera and milk to this egg whites
- Stir this mixture and then protecting your eye region cover your face with it.
- Let this mask dry. It may take up to 20 minutes for the mask to be completely dried.
- Once dried, peel this mask from your face and then thoroughly wash your face with warm water followed by cold water.
- Honey facial mask:
Honey has numerous benefits for your skin. But now use it as a home treatment for refining pores. Honey removes dirt and oils and tightens pores without drying the skin. Use honey directly on the skin as a treatment for this problem. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. If you have oily skin, add 3 or 4 drops of lemon juice to honey.
Honey has antibacterial, skin cleansing properties as well as moisturizing properties which make it an ideal product for skin care. To double the power of skin cleansing with honey, add lemon drops to it.
- Add 5-8 spoons of honey in a bowl.
- Squeeze half lemon juice to it.
- Apply it to your face and allow this mask to dry.
- Once dried, use water to clean and clear the facial skin from impurities.
If you posses a sensitive skin type and you feel inflammation after applying this mask then skip adding lemon and directly apply the mask prepared from honey only.
- Papaya facial cleanser: The papain enzyme contained by the papaya fruit has made it a very good natural exfoliating product. With this mask you can remove the top layer of dead skin, oils and dust.
- Take a green raw papaya, cut a quarter of it and mash.
- To this paste add two spoons of honey or aloe gel and one spoon of baking soda.
- Apply this paste and with your hand or a soft brush rub it all over the face. Rub more, but softly near the nose where the clogging of pores is common.
- After two minutes of rubbing, leave it for five minutes more and then rinse.
- Gram flour: The absorbent properties of gram flour makes It a very good home remedy to clean the dirt filled in clogged pores. After using gram flour, make use of a moisturizer to prevent dry and rough skin. Simply add rose water to gram flour and make a fine paste. If rose water is missing then use tap water and apply this paste and let it rest on skin for 20-30 minutes and then rinse it.
- Powdered Sugar scrub: The fine particles of sugar can boost the effectiveness to get rid of clogged pores on nose. Sugar particles can be added in any of the above home remedies. To prepare this remedy add 2 spoon of powdered sugar to one leaf of aloe gel. Let this paste be thick and then slowly start brushing this paste on face. Within minutes dirt will be unclogged from the pores and you will get a fair and glowing skin.
Tips to remove clogged pores
- Remember to splash cold water when your treatment is over. Cleaning of pores requires them to expand and with cold water it again shrinks.
- Such treatments should be used not more than once or twice a week.
- Moisture is very important even for oily clogged skin. Use oil less moisturizers to prevent clogged pores.
- Don’t rub or press your skin hard for pore cleansing.
These were some of the most popular and working treatments to remove clogged pores from face. Leave in comment which remedy works for you or any other treatment that you would wish to mention.