Find the best ways to get red lips fast permanently. Even men can use these overnight treatment and natural home remedies to make lips rosy red quickly.
Lips are the second most attractive part of a women’s or a men’s face as eyes happens to be the first which catches anyone’s attention. Well if you don’t have that killer eye color then you can wear a contact lens and get that first look from the opposite gender but when it comes to lips both man and woman would like to have that natural rosy lips as it tends to bring out a woman’s beauty and a man’s good look and make them appear more appealing.
Many people today have dark lips, which can be caused due to anyone or the combination of reasons like excessive sun exposure, an allergic reaction, use of cheap or low quality cosmetics, smoking or chewing tobacco, high caffeine intake and sometimes even because of hormonal imbalances. But to lighten dark lips and to get rosy red lips one doesn’t necessarily have to buy expensive products or undergo treatment as it can be accomplished by simply taking some steps towards it and really putting in some efforts and time. So, if you are really want red lips and are ready to spend some time on it then here are some tips you can follow.
The first step towards getting red lips is to prepare them so the red lips can be maintained properly for a longer period of time and to make them look good as well. Now to prepare your lips you have to follow some basic steps such as lip exfoliation, lip conditioning, lip plumping and lip moisturizing. In short everything that helps your lips to get red and appear beautiful is to be done here.
Lip Exfoliation is the process in which lips are cleaned properly to get rid of dry flaky skin that has build up on your lips and hides its natural color. Exfoliation process helps to remove the dead skin and brighten your lips which in turn brings out their inner natural red color and prepares them for taking a reddish stain. Now exfoliating can be done in various ways even by using a homemade scrub, so here are some ways of exfoliation.
- For making homemade scrub, you need to mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of sugar to form a paste. Now using this paste massage your lips in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes. Then rinse it off with warm water. One can repeat this method as required.
- Second way is used when the scrubbing is proved insufficient to remove all the dead skin from your lips then one can use a soft hair toothbrush for the same. Select a new toothbrush, keep it in warm water for 10 minutes and then use it like a physical scrub for clearing impurities. Then finally rinse your lips properly with lukewarm water. This will help you a lot to get red lips nnaturally.
Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause lip discoloration, including dark spots. In order to preserve your natural lip color you must protect your lips with lip balm or lip gloss that has at least SPF 15. This way your lips won’t get sunburned and dark when you enjoy a day out in the sun. One can also make it a daily habit to use sunscreen all year long to make lips red.
Now that you got rid of dry, flaky lips and uncovered your underlying natural reddish color, you must condition your lips to keep them in proper shape. This conditioning of lips can be done by applying a layer of lip serum as a protection for lips. Keeping a lip serum overnight can give you much better outcome; you’ll wake up with softer and pink hued lips. Some of the best natural lip serums you can use are coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and more.
It’s commonly known that pinching one’s cheeks increases the blood circulation in the cheeks and make it look rosy, the same is also true for lips. Just by increasing the blood circulation in your lips, you will bring up their natural red color and would make them appear pleasantly plump. For plumping your lips, you can buy a lip plumper from the store or you can make one yourself both are equally effective methods. Some of natural lips plumper are as follows:
- Make a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne or cinnamon with enough water or olive oil to make a paste. Apply this mixture to your lips for 5 minutes and then rinse it off properly.
- Make a mixture of 5 drops of peppermint extract with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to make a paste. Apply it to your lips for 5 minutes and then rinse it off properly.
- Take a fresh ginger or cut a jalapeno pepper in half and rub it on your lips for 5 minutes and then rinse your lips properly.
Moisturizing your lips is an important step in order to have good natural colored lips. If you forget to moisturize your lips then they will get dry and ultimately they will end up looking pale and dull again. Hence use a good natural lip balm to ensure your lips never dry out. Vaseline can also be used to moisturize your lips. Other natural lips balm includes lips serum like coconut oil, almond oil and olive oil.
Home remedies to make lips red
Coloring your lips is a fast and short term way to get red lips. Sometimes we need natural looking red lips to impress someone maybe our date or to attract an old flame but we don’t have enough time so we can take this step but remember this step only gives you temporary red lips kind of like Cinderella, so you have to remember the time frame you have red lips for.
Red Fruit Juice:
Fruits which have red juice will definitely do the trick. But before starting coloring you must remember to clean and condition your lips properly. Now once your lips are cleaned then take a red fruit juice in a cup or any small container. Then take a small piece of cotton and dip it into the juice and simply move it over the lips. Try to keep it within your lip lines and once that is done then let it dry for some time. You can apply more layers if you want to get red lips permanently for a longer time. Once you are satisfied with the color, you must seal it using a lip balm. And for reference you can use fruits like strawberry, cherry, cranberry and even pomegranate depending on the color you want.
Beet root are red in color and so can be used for coloring your lips as well. Cut a beet root in slices and make sure that the interior side is bright red in color. Now rub the interior side of the slice over your lips, squeeze it gently so as to release the juice. Now let it dry for couple of minutes and then apply more layers for deeper color if you want. Once you are satisfied with the color then seal it with a lip balm. One can also use a beet root powder by adding some olive oil into it and applying it on your lips. Remember to apply it inside your lip line and to wipe off the excess of beet root color.
The Kool-Aid trick was very popular in the fifties era and it still can get the work done. Take this red colored Kool-Aid powder and add it into the bowl. Now with a spoon stir it for mixing it properly and to get a thick paste. Use this paste for your lips and let it be for 5 minutes and then rinse it off properly. This will help you make lips red naturally and for a darker shade color repeat this trick several times. You can also create the color that you want by customizing and mixing different colors like orange and red or something like that, use your imagination.
When we were kids and we used to eat some colored popsicles and our parents would know because the color of the Popsicle would be all over our lips, tongue and our teeth but we didn’t care we liked the damn Popsicle so we ate it. But now it is not like that we need that Popsicle as it can help us to get the red colored lips. First choose a cherry or raspberry Popsicle and melt it into a bowl and then use a cotton swab to apply it on your lips making sure to stay inside the lip line and once you are comfortable with your lip color, then seal it with a lip balm. You can also eat the Popsicle if you like but remember it will also give you red tongue and teeth.
Red Food Coloring:
Food coloring is used to apply appropriate colors to your food and this remedy can also be used for turning lips red. It can also be used to color your lip if you want to avoid harmful lipsticks. Take some food color in a small bowl and then using a cotton ball cover the lips with the red shade. Remember to stay inside the lip line because if it comes in contact with other skin parts, it will turn them red too.
Tips to get red lips
- Never bite your lips as it leaves a scar which is not good.
- Always keep your lips moisturized.
- Do not smoke or consume any substance that contains tobacco as it can cause lip discoloration.
- Avoid salty and spicy eateries as it can dry out your lips.
- Exfoliate your lips once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and to get clean and fresh colored lips.
- Avoid drinking excess of alcohol as it can dry out your lips and if you do drink alcohol then drink equal amount of water with it, to keep your body hydrated.
- Always carry a lip balm because you might not know when you may need it.
- Take care of your lips immediately when injured as if you do not, it can cause some permanent damage.
- Rub on your lips daily as it is the easiest way to keep it clean, soft and to increase the blood circulation of your lips.
- Lastly drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.