Use a pore minimizer and masks to clean oils and close open pores on face and cheeks permanently. Use home remedies like ice to treat this problem naturally.
People with large pores are prone to get more acne problems then people with smaller pores this is the reason it is better to take care and close open pores permanently rather than ignoring it and then facing bigger problems like pimples or blackheads later. Big pores if not treated properly can look unsightly and may cause you embarrassment in future but luckily there are some easy solutions to close or shrink big pores starting from the basic to advance skin care.
Basic Skin Care:
Basic skin care includes steps on how to take care of your skin in day to day life even if you don’t have open pores right now. They will also help you to avoid any skin problems from taking place including big pores.
Clean your face
Everyone has pores whether they are big or small doesn’t matter they are still there. So, cleaning your face will help you to hide these pores because if not cleaned properly they will get clogged with dirt and oil and may appear larger than they already are. In order to avoid any problems because of pores one must wash their face twice that is once in morning and once in evening to keep the face clean but do not wash your face more than twice because that may cause you dry skin problem and do it with lukewarm water rather than hot water. Also remember not to rub your face with towel instead dab your face dry as it will help avoid expanding your pores.
Protection from UV light
A person’s skin contains collagen which are damaged due to prolonged exposure to UV light which comes from sun. Without these collagen, pores can expand and may appear larger than they already are. To prevent this, one can apply sunscreen when going outdoors. One can also use facial moisturizer which contains SPF and are easily available. Another thing one can do is to wear hats and sun glasses when going out for a longer period of time.
Remove dead skin cells
Removing dead skin cells is essential in order to achieve flawless skin. Skin cells when dead are necessary to be removed if not than it would mix with dirt and oil and block pores which will turn into blackhead or pimples. Removing dead skin cells can be done by exfoliation process. It is a very simple process in which a person has to gently rub the skin using exfoliating scrub with fine particles. One can also make exfoliating scrub at home using a washcloth and stuff easily available in your pantry. The important thing to remember is not to rub too hard or it might cause micro tears in your skin, but to rub gently in a circular motion.
Do not play with blackheads and pimples
Playing with blackheads or pimples is not a good thing because it will always cause you more trouble. Picking or squeezing blackheads or pimples may damage your pores and make them appear bigger than they already are. If one really has to remove blackheads and pimples then it should be done by a professional and if one cannot afford a professional then one should at least buy the sterilized extractor which is easily available at a drug store.
Advance Skin care:
The precautionary steps given above are for every one whether you have big pores or small pores or any other skin problems for that matter. The given steps will help you to take better care of your skin in day to day life. But if you really have a serious problem of big pores and the basic steps are not helping you and you need something hard and fast then you must follow the advance treatment as it is as best as it gets.
Steam treatments are considered as one of the best treatment in case of big pores. It helps minimize the appearance of pores and due to hot steam it opens up the pores and remove all dirt and oil clogged in them making your skin clean and shrinking your pores. To do this treatment properly you must follow this instruction word to word:
- For steam treatment, one has to boil some hot water and pour it into a bowl, make sure that the bowl is heat proof as you are going to touch it a lot. One can also add some tea tree oil if one’s skin is acne prone.
- Take this bowl and place it in front of you and then lower your face over the bowl and remember to place a towel over your head so the steam doesn’t blow away. Do this for at least ten minutes.
- After ten minutes splash your face with some cold water as it will rinse away all the dirt and oil and will help to close open pores on face.
Home remedies to close open pores
Mask treatment involves applying a mask on your face for a certain period of time once a week to draw out any clogged dirt, oil or dead skin cells and help minimize the appearance of pores. There are several mask available some are homemade and some are available in the market you can choose as what is best for your skin.
- Ice Treatment: It is is considered as the fast home remedy treatment for big pores as it tighten the skin and make the pores appear smaller.
- Take a couple of ice cubes and rub it on your pores in the circular motion for at least 15-20 seconds.
- It will feel cold but do not stop as your skin feels cold it tightens and close up the pores.
- One can do this once every day to tighten the skin and shrink the big pores.
- Clay Mask: These masks are easily available at any drug store or beauty store. One can even make its own clay mask by simply mixing one tablespoon of bentonite clay, one tablespoon of oatmeal and one tablespoon of water. Clean your face properly before applying the face mask. Once the mask is applied leave it for at least 10-15 minutes until the clay has dried and the skin beneath the mask feels tighten. Then rinse off the clay using warm water and pat your face dry. Do this once every week. This is once of the best way to close open pores on face permanently.
- Baking Soda Paste: This remedy is used to clear dirt over face and then reduce pore size.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda and a little water to make the paste.
- Apply this paste to the large pores and leave it to dry for at least 5-10 minutes and then rinse it using warm water.
- This treatment will minimize the appearance of pores and will also fight acne problems.
- Egg White Mask: One of the best treatments to close open pores naturally.
- Egg white contains amino acids which helps tighten the pores and make them seem smaller.
- Make a mixture of two raw egg whites and two tablespoon of fresh orange juice.
- Apply this mixture all over your face and cover it up with tissue paper and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- When the mask is completely dry than peel off the tissue paper. This is the very effective peel off mask for minimizing open pores. It helps removes the dirt and dead skin cells from the skin.
- Rinse your face dry with lukewarm water. You may have to do it twice as egg whites smells a lot.
- The egg whites tighten your pores and the orange juice brightens your complexion.
If all the above methods do not work for you then only one must consider this option as it is a costly one but it is the most effective and a permanent solution for this problem.
- It is a non-ablative laser treatment like Fraxel, Medlite and Genesis which will increase the collagen which in turn will tighten your skin and make your pores appear smaller.
- There is only one major drawback to this treatment and that is its cost. It takes place in three session mostly and each session cost $500 so in total it will cost you above $1500.
Big open pores is becoming a major skin problem these days, if not treated properly may cause acne and many other skin problem so one must not neglect this problem as “Precaution is better than Cure”. Here are some tips for daily life to avoid big open pores.
Important tips to close big pores
- One must clean its face two times a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
- If you have oily skin than apply astringent after cleansing.
- Do not wash your face with warm water instead use cold water.
- Do not rub your face with towel as it can cause micro tearing instead pat down to dry your skin.
- Do not pick or squeeze pimples or blackheads.
- Remember to remove your makeup before going to bed. If you forget then your skin won’t be able to breathe and which in turn will cause open pores.
- Skin is also affected from your diet and so one must not eat fried and greasy food as it causes the sebaceous glands to produce excessive oil.
Healthy skin won’t happen without putting in some effort. Just like you take care of your health one must also take care of their skin in order to look nice. This is not the things that take much time instead these are the little things that you do every day but not properly. It’s about time you put in a little effort and make your skin beautiful once again.