Someone who is suffering from sore throat will most likely feel a scratchy and burning sensation that causes pain in which it will be hard to swallow or even talk. It is a very common illness among people of any age. It is the result of the inflammation of the throat.
Cure Sore Throat with These Home Remedies
Sore throat occurs because of allergies, pollution, dry air and illness like the flu, the common cold, chickenpox, measles and the croup. These problems are all viral infections that will not be treated with antibiotics. Sore throat can be treated with some home remedies and natural remedies.
- Garlic has allicin compound which kills the bacteria that causes sore throat. It helps fight against germs that resides in the throat.
- Gargling with salt water is one of the best and effective ways for treating sore throat. In sore throat, your cells in the mucus membranes get inflamed and swollen. The salt water helps to reduce the swelling and inflammation.
- Apple Cider vinegar has a high level of acidity that helps in killing the bacteria efficiently. Mixing it with honey will help soothe the soreness in the throat.
- Some people think that marshmallow will worsen the soreness of the throat but it is actually the opposite. It is one of the best natural remedies to treat sore throat without antibiotics.The mucilage in marshmallow helps in coating and soothing the mucous membranes, thus treating the soreness.
- Cayenne contains capsaicin compound that helps in relieving the pain in the throat. Drinking warm water with cayenne helps to soothe your throat and lessen the risk of bacteria build-up.
- Licorice root is also a natural remedy to get relief from throat soreness. Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties that helps reduce irritation and swelling. It also soothes the mucus membrane in the throat.
- Ginger contains properties that work best to reduce the pain in the throat. It is actually one of the best home remedies for the soreness in the throat without antibiotics. It also helps loosen and expel mucus from the respiratory system and improve blood circulation and eliminates the toxins out of the body, thus, making it faster to heal.
- The components in chamomile tea help kill the bacteria as it works as a pain-killer. It gives soothing effect to the throat.
If the sore throat is severe, consult your doctor. Do not just take medicines without the doctor’s prescription as it may have an adverse effect for your body.