A smooth and even skin tone is what everyone desires, but the treatment for it is too pricey for most people, so they are looking for easier remedies for dark spots by searching for alternative home remedies.
Best Home Remedies for Dark Spots
Dark spots is one of the many beauty problems a person encounters, some might think of having an expensive treatment just to make their skin look fairer, but for others who can’t afford having expensive treatments, here are some of the effective home remedies for dark spots.
- Coconut oil is famous for its good effects on the skin. It helps lighten the darker areas of skin and repairs the damaged and burned skin. Massaging it on the skin for about 2-3 minutes will do the work.
- Lemon is known to be a strong anti-oxidant and it also has a natural bleaching agent that helps in regenerating new skin cells. Rubbing it on the elbows and knees and then washing it off after 20 minutes will show good results after.
- Baking soda is also good cleaning agent for dark spots as it is rich in cleansing properties and helps in treating hyper-pigmentation that is usually seen around the elbows and knees. For this you will need to prepare a paste by adding baking soda and milk in equal quantities, and rub it on the affected areas for 2-3 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a towel. Do it once daily.
- Milk is one of the ancient methods in lightening dark spots. Its lactic acid properties clear away dead skin cells and pigmentation. Dip a cotton ball in milk and apply it on the dark areas regularly.
- Potatoes are also a good source of natural bleach which can lighten the dark areas. To have the solution, you need to cook a potato and smash it, and then mix it with yoghurt. Apply the mixture on the skin and wash it off with water after 20 minutes.
- Sugar scrub can also help in lightening up the skin tone as it exfoliates the skin and soften the skin areas of elbows and knees. Apply the sugar mixture (same amount of sugar and olive oil to make a paste-like texture) on the area and gently massage the skin. Rinse it with mild soap and water.
Treating dark spots especially on the elbows and knees are easy with these homemade remedies for dark spots. The treatment that you sought for so long might just be found on your kitchen.