Having smooth and even skin tone is what everyone desires, but the treatment for it is too expensive for some, so they are looking for an easier way of getting rid of dark elbows and knees by searching for alternative home remedies.
Best Home Remedies to Lighten Dark Spots
Dark spots is one of the many beauty problems we encounter, some might think of going for an expensive treatment just to make their skin fairer, but for others who can’t afford the luxury of having expensive treatments; here are some home remedies to lighten dark spots.
- Lemon is known to be a strong anti-oxidant; it has a natural bleaching agent that helps in the regeneration of new skin cells. Rub it on the elbows and knees and then wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Coconut oil is famous for its positive effects on the skin. It helps lighten the darker area of skin and repairs the damaged and burned skin. Massage it on the skin for about 2-3 minutes and repeat the procedure a couple of times per day.
- Yoghurt is a good skin lightening agent as it cleanses and moisturizes the skin and lightens it as well. Mix it with white vinegar and massage on the dark areas, and wash it off with lukewarm water after it dries.
- Sugar scrub is good for lightening up the skin tone as it exfoliates the skin and soften the skin areas of elbows and knees. Apply the sugar mixture (same amount of sugar and olive oil to make a paste-like texture) on the area and gently massage the skin. Rinse it with mild soap and water.
- Baking soda is rich in cleansing properties and helps treat hyperpigmentation that is usually seen around the elbows and knees. Prepare a paste by adding baking soda and milk in equal quantities, and rub it on the affected areas for 2-3 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a towel. Do it once a day.
- Milk is one of the oldest methods to lighten dark spots. Its lactic acid properties clear away dead skin cells and pigmentation. Dip a cotton ball in milk and apply it on the dark areas regularly.
- Potatoes are a good source of natural bleach which will lighten the dark areas. Cook a potato and smash it, and mix with yoghurt. Apply the mixture on the skin and wash it off with water after 20 minutes.
- Olive oil is another good home remedy to clean dark elbows and knees. It not only cleanses the skin but also softens it. Warm it a bit and massage on the skin for 2-3 minutes before sleeping.
Treating dark spots especially on the elbows and knees are easy with these home remedies. The treatment that you sought for so long might just be found on your kitchen.