Some people struggle to make their teeth whiter; no matter how many times a day they brush their teeth it is still not sparkly white but these DIY teeth whitening remedies can help in achieving the sparkly white teeth you aim without going to expensive treatments.
6 Teeth Whitening Recipes Found in the Kitchen
You don’t have to go to the dentist anymore to achieve pearl white teeth, as there are ways to acquire teeth whitening remedies right at the comforts of your own home. The following are some great ways that you can try out to whiten your teeth, and some of these might even be just sitting at your own kitchen.
- Baking soda and lemon juice paste. This combination helps remove plaque and stains from the teeth; it also balances the pH level and unlocks the calcium needed to whiten and strengthen the teeth. Just mix a small amount of baking soda and lemon juice to make a paste and use cotton or q-tip to apply it on your teeth.
- Strawberry, salt, and baking soda scrub. This solution is rich in vitamin c and malic acidthat helps break down plaque and removes stains from the teeth. Mix the sea salt and baking soda to mashed strawberries and use it to brush your teeth once a week.
- Hydrogen peroxide, coconut oil, and baking soda. Combine peppermint essential oil, coconut oil, and baking soda to make a pasty mixture and add hydrogen peroxide just before brushing. Rub it on the teeth for at least 2 minutes and then rinse.
- Turmeric powder and coconut oil is also a good combination to whiten teeth, it has astringent, lauric acid, and medicinal properties which helps in having healthy gums and kill bacteria. Make a paste by mixing turmeric powder, coconut oil, and baking soda; brush your teeth using this paste.
- Basil and orange peel mask is also a good combination as it cures bad breath and makes the teeth whiter. Take basil leaves and powder of dried orange peel, crush them together and make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your teeth. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with water afterwards.
- Peppermint toothpaste is good for whitening the teeth and it also makes the breath fresher. For preparing this toothpaste, you’ll need baking soda, coconut oil, salt, bentonite clay, peppermint oil, pure stevia. First of all, mix baking soda and coconut oil. Make sure that there are no lumps. Mix other ingredients in it thoroughly and the paste is ready. Store it in an airtight container.
Set up a routine using these teeth whitening remedies and stick to it, at all costs, to get the most out of them. As much as possible, avoid dark drinks such as soda and coffee because it stains the teeth.