Heartburn is the burning sensation you feel in the chest and heart that is basically because of eating something that is acidic in nature. Eating spicy and oily food may lead to it. Its common symptoms are nausea, gas, bloating, sour taste and difficulty in breathing.
Ways to Get Rid of Heartburn
Acidic digestion is also a term used in describing heartburn. When there is regurgitation of gastric acid into the oesophagus, the problem of heartburn arises. Here are some ways to help cure it naturally at home.
- One of the most effective treatments to acidic digestion is baking soda because of its antacid, it is also known as sodium bicarbonate which helps in curing acidic digestion Just add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water, add half a lemon juice to it, mix it well and then drink.
- Ginger has its properties which provide relief from acidic digestion naturally as it absorbs acid from the stomach and helps in curing it. You can chew half-inch of raw ginger root or can also prepare ginger tea. To make a ginger tea, all you need to do is boil a cup of water, add crushed ginger to it, after 5 minutes, take the ginger out of the water and drink it. You can also add honey to add taste to it.
- Mint is also one of the effective ways in curing acidic digestion naturally at home. Its cooling effects calms down the burning sensation and provide fast relief; in addition, it also helps in improving digestion. You can chew mint leaves or you can mix it with water, leave it for about an hour covered, and then drink it after an hour.
- Apple cider vinegar is also included on the list of remedies for acidic digestion. It has been used as a treatment to a lot of health related issues. It has a property to calm down the burning sensation. To use it as a treatment, just take a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, mix it well and drink it.
- Milk is the easiest way known to cure acidic digestion, if you are not used to drinking ginger tea, or baking soda solution, this one might be of your choice. Make sure you drink chilled milk and not the hot one. If milk is not available, you can use other dairy products as well.
These remedies are natural and work really efficiently at treating heartburn. It also has other health benefits to the body and it can be found at home or be bought in the market.