Allergies are very common all over the world; it is caused by the hypersensitivity of the immune system to some allergens. There are a lot of contributing factors that can trigger it like food, metals, insect stings, medications, etc.
Essential Oils for Curing Allergies
There are many ways to relieve yourself off of attacks from allergies, and the use of essential oils are an effective way to do that, and more. Here are some of the most common essential oils that you can use.
- Lavender oil is one of the most commonly used oil in aromatherapy. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are helpful in treating asthma and other respiratory allergies like hay fever, as well as skin rashes, irritations, sores, cuts, and burns because of its antiseptic effects.
- Lemon oil is also effective in treating various kinds of allergies as it also contain anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and carminative properties. It reduces the inflammation considerably, prevents congestion, and cleans the respiratory tract as well.
- Eucalyptus oil has a healing compound called citronellal. It also has antiseptic and anti-microbial properties. It is also known to cure respiratory allergies as it can breakdown the mucus.
- Roman Chamomile oil is also known as a good treatment, whether consumed orally or applied topically. Its gentle and calming properties are safe even for infants.
- Frankincense oil is used by many in soothing skin inflammation. The bark of the tree is used for extracting the oil and is one of the best oils for allergies.
- Lemongrass oil has lots of antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties; it can be used to get relief in skin reactions caused due to several reasons. It is useful for the people suffering from an allergy-related headache, and can be an alternative to peppermint oil for these kinds of headaches.
- Melaleuca oil also known as tea tree oil is also another wonderful kind of oil that has been used for decades to treat inflammation, cuts, infections, wounds, and other types of allergies. It has antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial elements which is capable of destroying airborne diseases that causes allergies.
- Turmeric oil is known as an Indian spice that has been used for centuries, but besides being included as a spice for food, it can also be used to treat several ailments because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-nociceptive, and antioxidant properties.
- Mandarin Oil improves the circulation of blood and lymph and also helps regenerate new cells. It possesses antispasmodic, antiseptic, and depurative properties and it protects wounds from further infections.
- Carrot seed oil may be underrated by many but it is also helpful in curing wounds caused by allergy and it is good for all skin types.
Putting oils one at a time or mixing them with one another is all good in curing allergies and wounds but although there are numerous options to create a mix, be careful of the mixture as some of it may not complement each other and can be fatal.